• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

HellaBass

Has anyone been catching any bass out here lately? Thinking baout going out after work next week....

------------------
Rather Be Fishing!!!

HellaBass

Well I tried it out last night, even under ominous skies the bass still bit farily well. Did very well on Watermelon seed chartruese palstics. Texas and carolina rig. Kind of a funny bite. Fish SLOW!!!

Hellabass,

You are a warrior if you were willing to fish in last night's wind/hurricane.

HellaBass

It really wasn't that bad out... Besides, NSC has plenty of protected areas no matter the wind.

HellaBass

Any word on how all this rain had affected the bass or how the bite was this past weekend?

I fished a Chisago area lake (not trying to be secretive, just speaking in general) on Sunday for bass and did fairly well. Two things I observed: One, many areas of muddy (Mississippi colored) water. You don't usually see that in lakes unless they're getting a ton of runoff. Two, green and still fairly crisp pickle grass (curlyleaf cabbage). I usually rejoice when that stuff dies and disappears because it's not usually crisp and fishable. But, right now it is and the fish are digging it.

I'm fishing a club tournament on this unspecified Chisago area lake on Sunday, so I'd prefer for the mud to dissipate and the pickle grass stay like it was this past Sunday. And, for it to be cloudy and... Well, why not ask for everything.

Hella,

Why do you have a club event this weekend on Big Marine? No, I wasn't on Big M.

The fish I caught, much to my irritation, were predominantly shallow. Slop fish, inside weedline fish, fish that I know are going to bail on me. Well, the slop fish might stay, but I know the inside weedline dudes will pull up stakes. Fortunately, I found enough weedline (a pickle grass weedline which could disappear) fish to give me alternatives.

But, it's probably better to avoid all this analysis and fish by instinct. That's why I usually don't prefish June tournaments on lakes I know. The lakes change too much this time of year.

HellaBass

Bornofice,

You don't consider Big Marine a Chisago Are lake do you? What were they biting on?

------------------
Rather Be Fishing!!!

HellaBass

No tourney on BM, it was the only one in the area i knew of this weekend. I had a tuesday nighter on NSC last night. Took 2nd with 12#, flippin' heavy cover with the high water. It was won on Scum Frogs in the pads, 13+#.

Good luck with your toruney this weekend!