• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Pauly B

Tough Perch'n

Pauly B

My 17 year old brother and I have been trying to find the perch. To our name in the past 3 trips to Mille Lacs we have caught 2 perch total. Can anyone help us out? Fishing has never been this discouraging for me. I can drive an explorer if a suburban is to heavy or we can walk if its not to big of a trek. Please can anyone help me out. I have tried dickies resort,The Red Door, and some place on the south end. Is anyone driving out to spirit island and is their a road going out their. The help would be much appreciated. Thanks and God bless.

Grabs

As of last weekend I only saw portables out at spirit, and no vehicles. If you come from the south side, there is a pressure ridge that runs from Indian Point down across Andersen's then turns at Mezominee Pt and heads in front of Brandt's and I am sure that it runs across the entire south end of the lake. I know Brandt's are across the ridge, but there is no driving yet. I fish out of Week Ends and the ridge is off limits right now, it opened up during the warm spell and I only found 10" of ice leading up to the ridge. Maybe this weekend if things cool off as much as they say,..I am sure you can get out there though if you wanna walk or take an ATV of snowmobile,..but be careful and check as you go.

Good Luck

Scupper

Pauly, we been doing well all along the eastside. Without disclosing to much here, start out at Libety Beach. The walk isn't to bad and you sound young enough to handle it.
Weve done the best in 25'-29'. Not at Liberty but we always had pretty fair action there.
Check with the people inside. They will steer you in the right direction.
Good Luck...

We stuck 16 jumbos out of Rocky Reef Thursday in a short period of time. Word was that the perch have been non-existant. What we found is that if you find some little perch, don't leave. Instead punch 20-30 holes in a star pattern. We fished a small break, as we dropped some maggots down the hole they quickly were carried off by the lakes natural current so we knew the break we were on would hold fish. We caught three tiny perch and decided this break needed to be fished harder. We set up some deadstick lines rigged with jumbo fatheads and small shiners among the holes in the star pattern. After only 5 minutes those corks were shooting down. We caught over 40 perch with 16 over 10inches. Most came on the big minnows and some perch that we missed even had a minnow still in its throat. I found that they didnt care much for a horizontal bait like the fatboy or genz worm. They came and looked at it but possibly the spinning effect these baits give off was spooking them. We may have proved this true as we landed a few on a yellow pounder jig which is a vertical jig. Now its not to say i havent caught lots of perch on a fatboy or genz worm but these pigs were on were pretty smart. The latest DNR report suggests that the perch and tulibee population is way down resulting in a good winter walleye bite. Which may also explain the late night bite this winter. It maybe a tough perch bite, but if your willing to put some sweat into it, it may pay off. Good Luck

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/