• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Went to North Center on Monday and caught 30 Sunfish from 2-5pm on jigs and pieces of crawler in the bay on the farthest northeast end of the lake in 3-4 feet of water. Has anybody else been doing anything around the chisago area? I have been doing well on sunfish but can't seem to get onto any good schools of crappies or walleyes. I think most of my problems for crappies have been related to the time I have been fishing (mid afternoon). Any and all responses are appreciated.

Good Luck,
Jim

They ran from 4-8 inches. I would bop along from spot to spot and some areas had a smaller general size and others a larger. If I got to a spot and caught only runts I moved until I hit a hole of 6-8 inchers. I know these are not big bulls by any means but they made a nice mess for the frying pan.