• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Amen!

I have been looking for some words of wisdom, or atleast a few fishing fibs. I have been getting my stuff ready and was going to hit the water later this week, now it depends some on the weather. I have found a few mentions of Rush on the Metro board, but with lakes like Rush and the Chisago chain, we should have plenty to talk about. I will post any info I come up with, when/if I get my boat in the water.

I'm just posting this cuz I got tired of seeing the last post in here was 4-18! It's like going to your favorite river fishing spot and finding the water level to low to fish!!!!

I fished on West Rush last night. It was as fast as you could catch them for all 300 people that were there. Or, at least it seemed that way. I just fished off shore to save a couple minutes on preparing the boat. And, I would say shore fishing was just as good, maybe better than boat fishing.

B. Were you down at the park? I like to fish the short channel on the other side of the road from the parking lot. Last year the water was up, so you had to wade out if you wanted to get on the fishing dock, but they were getting some nice sunnies off the end.
Thanks for the post!

Yes. I was at the park. I would say that the park on West Rush may be the best shore fishing opportunity in the state in the spring of the year.

Amazing how many fish leave Rush in buckets, and you can still catch quality fish year after year.

Yeah, they take a lot of fish out of the
lake(s), but it's still my contention that it is that very fact that makes it a healthy fishery. A lake with ALL big fish has nowhere to go but a big die off, and a lake with too many of one species just seems to produce stunted fish of that species. Rush has allways seemed to keep a good mix since people actually take some for the table!

Besides where else within 50 miles from the house can ya bobber fish for walleys and maybe tie into a 80Lb Sturgy besides! Remember the guy on East that had to beach that monster on opener!

Hey Guys!

I ws at the park last night... The bite is still good even with these goofy fronts coming in and out! One reminder too haul your garbage with you! It amazes me how big of slobs some people ca be, if you want the park to stay open and to have free access please haul your stuff with you, and guilt the slobs yu see leaving stuff behind! Just my two cents worth!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

I was reading this topic the other night and heard the phrase "best shorefishing spot in the state", so I just had to drive up there and give it a try. You may be right, that is a fantastic spot. Thanks for the tip!

Is this on rush lake by rush city?? Anyone know if they bite in the morning? If so, what's a good time to try? I haven't been out since last fall! Wow... talk about bored and havin the bug!

Jon

I going to tell you this because I believe that anyone that is crazy enough about fishing to get on the web to talk about it , is my kind of person, and I think you are a GOOD SPORTSMAN ABOUT IT! I was down there yesterday and I was seriously outfishing the 100 other people down there 3-1. I also brought home a limit of 10+ in. Crappies, nd a few 7-9 inch sunnies. I was using a red and white salted tube jig about a FOOT below a rocket bobber(had to have the rocket, because of the light bite). I would find a spot where someone was catching a few crappies and try to fish within 20yds of them, not 20 inches of them! throw it out and reel as slow as you can until the bobber stands up. The morining seemed to be the slowest, but I was also fishing cold water,

Ok Eyeballs, give it up! Were you on the fishing dock shouldering them poor ol grey hairs outta the way again? Ya know bringing two rods so that you can cast across everyone else just to clear them for the cast with the second rod, just ain't cricket!

Labrat,
I was on the North side of the park and on the right side of the little dock, but everyone seemed to be catching em on that whole stretch of shore.

Thanks Eyeballs!

I may get sick tommow and give it a shot in the afternoon. sniffle sniffle hack cough feel it comming on already!

Labrat, did you go out today?
I think I will get out there tommorrow morning.