• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sorry its been so long snce my last report! The holidays were incredibly busy this year!
Heres what I know about Rush... The crappies have beenhit and miss, if you hit them its been great! My brother and I were out yesterday and up with 20, with the fish being between 3/4 and a pound! The key has been to getaway from the commotion of other anglers.
As for the walleyes I have onlybeen out once and havent done real good. As for confirmaton on the 10 pound walleye I certaily believe it. The neighbor lost one at the hole that he figures waspushing 10 lbs. The cool thing was that he had his little kids and his dad with them and they got a glimpse of it!
Most of the ice is between 6 and 8 inches with easy atv/snowmobile travel. There are a few foolish souls driving trucks out but I would't reccomend it. When I get more time to get out I will update you as to whats going on!

Don't forget the Fishing Minnesota Ice fishing extravaganza on West Rush on Saturday January 19th!

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809
1-800-568-5818

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

hi
i wonder where is spot for walleye and i know crappies are near cigar island so i want to try fisisng for walleye i never caught walleye at rush lake during winter thank you for give me tip

Shadrapala,

Any point or hump in East or West Rush can hold walleyes throughout the winter. I've actually had my best walleye fishing during the daytime hours. But, I think lowlight conditions are probably more consistent in the long run. I like the deeper structure during the day (20+ feet) and the shallow stuff in lowlight (10 or less). If you're going to fish the lowlight periods, have your holes cut well in advance of primetime. The fish will vacate an area if you cut holes right on top of them. Good luck, and let us know how you do.

Bornofice!

I am looking forward to meeting you! If you get down towards Rush before than look me up!

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809
1-800-568-5818 ext 202

------------------

Well, I went out last night and did pretty good! We got 11 walleyes and a 1/2 dozen perch....Unfortunately the walleyes ranged between 14 and 14 3/4 inches. So none of them fit the slot. bummer! I have a theory I am going to try out so I will let you know if it works...
Bornofice let me know if you do come up this weekend...

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809
1-800-568-5818 ext 202

------------------

Ice conditions are getting better. Most places have 10-11" of good solid ice. This moring there were a couple dozen trucks on the ice. Use extreme caution though I personaly would not drive a full size vehicle out yet.

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809
1-800-568-58

coryntracy
i wonder wht kind of fish spot thati saw (i am not sure what name bay but i saw fish shouse almost all way line to wilson island and also saw some people fish north of cigar isalnd
i caught some crappies and surpise me caught 2 walleye in crappie area between cigar and wilson island
thank you for let me know about that

No problem Shar Rapala.

Hey Bornofice sorry Icouldn't hook up with you Sunday. My brother came up and wanted to fish walleyes. We did pretty good got 4 keepers before I had to run to church. Let me know how you did!

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809
1-800-568-5818 ext 202

------------------

Cory,

We did OK. Caught some real nice blugills (up to 8 ounces) in 26 to 28 feet of water. They were light biters. I might swing up there again this weekend. I'll let you know.

West Rush currently has the most permanent houses on it that I've ever seen. And, Holy smokes there were alot of people out there in permanents, portables, and on buckets. If you want solitude, West Rush is not the place.

Hey Everybody!

Remember the Rush Lake Ice tour will be held this Saturday the 19th out of CJ's on Rush at 9 am! If you are interested in joining us e-mail me so I know how much food is needed! Also if you need directions email me at the link below.

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809
1-800-568-5818 ext 202

------------------

Cory,

It wasn't as good as last weekend. Still got quite a few fish and few decent ones. The crowds have kind of honed in on this area, so that might have something to do with it. I cannot believe how many people were driving on the lake with full size pick-ups. There was 10" of ice, but is it really worth the risk?

Oh man, a guy just shouldn't get married. My wife has planned a family outing with me and her parents on Saturday. Therefore, I will not be in attendance at the "Great Rush Lake Get Together". I'm ticked, but I am in no position to say no or even complain vehmently. Family's first. I suppose I could suggest we all...no I better not.

Boy, I was looking forward to this event. Sounds like it should be a good turnout. Thanks for taking on the task, Cory.

I am giving some fairly serious thought to attending this "event", but I have some concerns about locking horns with Dave.

Does anyone know when he'll be on the ice and how I might go about avoiding him?

How late will this thing potentially go? Don't know if I can make it by 9:00 am, but may be able to come later in the day. Sorry to hear Bornofice won't be able to make it.

I was out monday and there was 12.5 inches on east rush. Does anybody have any tips on finding some crappies on the east side? I fished in 18.5 feet of water from 2-7pm on 1/14 without a bite. I know there has been success for crappies on west but I'm fishing the east side. I will be out this afternoon moving the house, I'm going farther south and shallower probably 15-18. I'm just interested in the evening bite 4-6pm range.

I have not yet been on East Rush this winter, but I can offer a little info from others. I have heard that the bite has been a little tough so far on East Rush. I have also heard that the crappies don't start until 8:00 pm. I don't necessarily believe that, though.

One guy I know is very familiar with East Rush and mostly fishes early morning and into the day. Last year he consistently caught sunnies and crappies. He caught fish all winter long....when nobody else was. He has had very poor results this winter. He's a good ice fisherman, too, and really knows East Rush. I have avoided East Rush due to his experiences so far.

It sounds like your depths are good, though. Last year the bite occured between 16 and 18 feet. I normally tried to find 17'-18' of water to set up on before dark. I don't know where your house is, but I always go straight out of Peterson's, turn left (south) at the first group of houses and try to find the aforementioned depths off the north-east side of the point that comes out from the west shore.

One thing about East Rush......and any other pressured lake for that matter.....noise hurts you. If you can get away from the crowd and find the same depths, give it a shot. I have noticed that even 20 yards away has helped on East Rush.

Good luck!

Now if I answered your question truthfully, Bornofice, I'd be giving it all away before Dave even had a chance to read my post and perhaps chuckle a little. I'd rather lay in the weeds for a bit. wink.gif

Bornofice,

Sorry to hear your not going to make it. I was looking forward to finnaly meeting you! We'll try again!

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809
1-800-568-5818 ext 202

------------------

Bornofice,

Sorry to hear your not going to make it. I was looking forward to finnaly meeting you! We'll try again!

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809
1-800-568-5818 ext 202

------------------

Fish 4 food. I second that. In all fairness. you can catch some fish there, but they are all usually small ones. I have never had much luck catching anything of much size and any amounts. This lake seems to get alot of press but from my experience has not held much interest for me. Don't get me wrong, but my experience with most people I talk to is the same. Good luck anybody looking for quality fish from that lake. JUST MY OPINION

I was going to respond to this RUSH = NO FISH, thing, but then it occurred to me that this Rush bashing may be exactly what we need.

Fish4Food,

Yep, you're right. Rush is horrible, I am pretty sure the whole thing winterkilled.

I'd stay away if I were you. You'll starve there with a name like Fish4Food.

I can't agree with you guys more! Rush is horrible I would never ever fish there again! Jst ask Jim W how small the crappies are there!

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809
1-800-568-5818 ext 202

------------------