• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

fish

Has anyone ice fished Little Elk Lake in Zimmerman yet this year? My parents live on the lake but don't fish. I guess there have been a few guys out there. Anybody know about the thickness of the ice?

I haven't been there to see for myself, but the gal at DJ's bait said that they were fishing it too. There must be at least 4 inches. I may fish it tonight, first I'm going to take a look at Briggs lake to see if it's fishable yet.

fish

I went to Little Elk on Saturday and Sunday. The ice at that point wasn't that great. I was unable to get to the spots where I normally fish, but I did manage a few crappies. There was about 3" of ice saturday morning. Then it rained. The rain did take a toll on the ice. What snow did fall created a real slushy mess. Water was flowing up all cracks and holes. If it wasn't so cold last night I'd worry about travel. I wouldn't worry now. May even pull out a small permanent hows tomorrow. Please remeber C&R of the bigger fish. This lake can really be affected by a few greedy anglers. I guess that Santa knew I wanted ice.

fish

I was out on Little Elk on Christmas. There was 4 1/2" of ice about 1/2 way out from the south access. I am having a bit of trouble finding the crappies in their traditional first ice areas. I'll be able to get to the deeper water this weekend. Has anybody else experienced the same thing? Even though this is early in the ice season, I think that the fish must already be in midwinter areas.