• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

BradB

I canoe-fished two smaller, relatively-shallow lakes in the Willow River-Sturgeon Lake area today (Saturday, 12/8) and offer the following report.

The ice was 2 inches at best, and less than an inch thick at worst. I do not recommend that anyone go out by foot.

I use a large keel-less canoe that spreads weight out well; also, I wear a life-preserver, wear spikes around my neck to drag myself out, and carry a long rope. Furthermore, I do not go far from shore.

We need a bunch more cold before it will be safe.

Brad

Man, I'm going to have to buy a canoe.

Did you catch any fish, Brad?

And, have you purchased your 4-wheeler yet?

BradB

My buddy and I caught a crappie each at the first pond, then a few small bluegills at the second. He also won the prize of the day by bringing up a bullhead.

I haven't purchased an ATV yet as I've been talking to a fellow about building me a trailer. Once I get the trailer then maybe something to put on it.

We're taking the canoe back after walleyes tomorrow. You should see the looks we get by going out with the canoe--people think we're nuts. But it's been a good early ice technique for a few years now.

Brad

BradB

Bornofice,

I think we know the same guy. I sent you an e-mail.

Brad

Brad,

Your buddy doesn't happen to be an employee of the Minnesota DNR. I've talked to a guy that lives up that way that participates annually in canoe ice fishing.

I'm so desperate to fish right now that this type of ice fishing really sounds like a good idea.

Brad, shoot me an email if you get a chance ([email protected]).