• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Pherris

I was wondering if anyone knows how things are going on Pine lake near Finlayson? I have never fished it this late in the year but will up in the area this weekend and still have the boat out. Wondering if anyone had any info?

Pherris,

I checked with my contact, and he said he's been too busy getting stuff done up there before winter to go fishing. He said a few people have been out but not too many. He stated that fall crappie fishing can be productive. It's just a matter of searching until you find fish. He said the south 1/3 of the north lake is a good place to start looking.

Hey, if it's going to be as nice as they say this weekend, how could you go wrong? I hope you tear 'em up.

Pherris

Thanks,
I will let you know how we do. Like you said wonderful time to be on the water.

Pherris

Well we got out on Saturday about 7:00am and fished until about noon on Pine Lake. It was slow we did mark some fish but could not get them to bite. We left Pine Lake and went to Long Lake in Rutledge it connects to a very small lake called Mud Lake there we did find some really nice crappies we kept a dozen for dinner all in the 9"-12" range. Also got a bonus walleye which was pretty surprising since there are no walleyes in that lake. My guess is that it was from the Kettle River when it was high this spring. Anyway it was a nice day and we got some fish. I finally am putting the boat away but will be back out in this area when the hard water season gets going. Thanks for your replies.

Thanks for the update, Pherris. I'm glad you had a good day.

Looks like it might be a substantial wait for hardwater frown.gif

Did anyone else get out in the area this past weekend?