• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

shorefisher

first time. have been looking for a way to let others know how I have been doing and finding out how others are doing to. have been fishing little green and bass action is good and getting a few eye's at dusk near shore on shiners. have been looking for crappies with no luck on green? anyone have in info. on them? I'm hitting green to day the weather can't be beat!

Welcome, Shorefisher.

I don't know alot about the crappie bite on Green in the fall, but I've got some guesses. First, I'd try the base of the steep breaks along the shore of Big Green that has the real steep hill. I think that would be the northeast side of the lake. A plain tube jig with enough split shot 10" up from the jig to fish almost vertical while under a controlled drift could be the ticket. Watch your electronics for suspended fish and adjust accordingly. Second, there is hump right before you get to the narrows that would be worth a try. A bobber and a fathead on a #6 hook might get you into crappies and even a midday walleye.

If you're shorebound, you'd have a tough time with the above recommendations. Sounds like you're doing pretty well the way it is. Thanks for the report.

shorefisher

thank you, I gave the bank a shot this afternoon flasher said they were there in 26 feet sitting around 16. I sure could not get them to bite though. moved to the narrows at dusk and nothing hitting. But thanks for the info. it was a great day to be on the water!!