• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have fished this small lake three times this year and have caught quality crappie and bluegill. There is a concrete boat ramp and room for roughly 8 to 10 rigs " its a gravel parking lot so it depends on how others park.

Little lake is shallow, stained and full of pads and milfoil. This 159 acre

A couple of weeks ago the crappie were on a little reed island to the right of the boat ramp. Caught 25 to 30 over 9 inches in 2 feet of water " kept 5 7 inchers for the frying pan"

Yesterday I fished the island for 1 hour and no hits, moved to the lilly pads in the Northwest corner of the lake and found crappie on the most outer edge.

All crappie were caught on a Flu Flu with either a minnow or wax worm.

This would not be the best lake to take a young child. The action can get slow while your trying to locate the fish but when you do get a hit its generally and nice fish.

Bluegill are spotty "at least they have been for me" on all my trips I have caught 10 crappie for each bluegill. The largest bluegill caught and released was a shade over 10 inches.

Also if you do fish this lake please keep the smaller fish for the pan. This is a small lake.

------------------
Good Fishing
Tom