• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

ironmike

Has anyone fished Pokegema or cross lake for large or smallmouth bass. I have a tournament comming up on those lakes along with the river. Any info would help, thank you in advance.

Hi ironmike: I live right in the area. As far as the Bass fishing goes your best luck is probably going to be on the Snake river between the two lakes. Plastic baits (crawfish and worms) probably the best bet. If you fish the river, fish near the old wooden bridge just off the mouth of the pokegama outlet. Also watch out for rocks coming down the river. The High water helps but there are some spots that are not marked and you can nail them so go slow. Good luck and hope this enough info to get ya started.

to iron mike: Using the public access in Pine City I usually will go down river and under the freeway bridge on the right side you will see a littl red cabin on the island, also on the right side go through a small chanel going in to a little pond type of water on back side of the cabin which also you can sneak even back farther in which is another type of pond, this area I have fished for Musky- but have landed nice Bass on 4in top walker made by Ciezo which is a plug for Musky but dont be fooled by this type of plug because I hit on to a lot of Bass in river area: using trolling slow or even casting frog look or orange type.
Also on Pokegena there is a island on North end usually work area with same plug, also go across from Island and there is a small channel type going in to area off the lake by itself tried using a little wood plug that looks like a 2in small mouse made by Hell Raiser= works well when fish dont want nothing big the mouse type plug is Pink bodied with brown hair on tail hook part on end.
have a good fishing year
[email protected]
Cambridge, MN

PS Read post that Babe Henkeliman gave you: These are very good places also I've even worked back farther in river past wooded bridge back into what a call the SWAPS.

------------------