• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Should I remove this forum or are there folks who would like to use it and get it rolling?

I would like to keep this going, but how to do it? There are a lot great lakes in this area.

I live on West Rush Lake in the Rush City area and would love to see this spot have some action!!! I fish Rush all the time and have a good idea on what is going on on surrounding lakes. So I do have info to provide..... BUT......I am not going to post how I do and where we are catching fish if people do not reciprocate!!! If anyone has any questions on the Rush Lake area let me know!!!

Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809
[email protected]

I would like to hear how the fish are bitting in that area. And over by chisago, Green lake area also.No other forum covers these area not even the fish and game site.I do most of my metro fishing out that way, just this year the wind has taken me to Winnie and Mille lac's .I will post any reports I have when I get over there.
Thanks, Benny

I also find little info available about the lakes just north of the Cities, but so many folks fish them. Two of my favorites are Goose Lake northeast of Cambridge and Knife Lake north of Mora. Goose has cool humps that come up out of deep water, and Knife has a sand bar near the boat ramp that's easy to find an fish. I'd love to hear anybody else with some tips about those lakes. I'm wondering about the weeds on Goose; anybody have any luck fishing them? If so, how?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

If you want to grow this forum, just keep posting whatever you have. As more folks become aware they will reciprocate. The key is to keep sharing as much info as often as you can until it gets a following.

It should be fun to see how this forum goes. Tinknal, where are you? How is your fishing going?

Went out last night on Rush, It was very slow until sunset than we picked up 6 walleyes real quick the key we found was fishing a small finger on a hump EXTREMELY slowly with a a big leech a red hook and a rattle bead the particular spot we were fishing is 15 ft deep but we were all over the lake yesterday and this is the only spot that produced.
Who is TINKNAL??????
Cory Frantzick
RE/MAX Associates Plus
Timberlane Homes
(612)801-0809
[email protected]

I guess I can offer a post about Big Marine lake.......it's kind of a metro lake, but it's kind of east central, as well. Besides, I hope to get some help on Rush in the near future, so I better offer up some goods.

I was on Big Marine last Wednesday casting Shad Raps over the emerging cabbage in 8 feet of water. Picked up 6-8 decent bass, biggest one going about 2 1/2#. I tried to find some walleyes toward dark, slip bobbered a leech anywhere from 6 to 14 ft near the island. I only caught more bass.

I saw someone planted over the 18' hump west of the island well after dark, so I assumed they were catching walleyes. However, when I talked to them at the landing later on, they advised me they had only caught two perch and a bullhead.

I've been fishing Big Marine for several years, great bass lake, but I have yet to catch a single walleye there. DNR report shows a decent population......suggestions?

Good luck...........

....Rick keep this forum going...I just discovered it today.........
.....Fished muskies on Rush last Sat. morn'g = 0......lots o walldog fishermen....

.....Fished walleyes last week in the eve.
and nite at Big Marine = 0....Fished raps
in 15'-30' at dark and after dark...first time I fished lake in a few years, so don't know the spots at all...when we came in
after dark -everyone was gone = no nite bite?
....next time we'll go into the weeds ...anybody got a lawnmower??

to Coryn Tracy Sell Homes Have read your past for 6-01-2001 for Rush Lake, thoe I am not a walleye type of guy, so I really cant give much for a report on this type of fishing, but I do a lot of Musky Hunting on east and west Rush - my feelings about Rush is I do believe it is possible that Rush has a posssible chance for close or even beating the state record in my opinion for Musky. Last year I have landed 51in in boat and was really suprised of this size: which was boated right off a dock on inlet were a small light tower on corner horse if you know where this might be on the lake? Supriseingly a week later I hooked on Big Hog in same area that riped 150yard of 50lbs test right out of my reel kept running and broke off: even though I lost fish my heart was just thumping over the thought that took out that much line and my best 9in jerk bait: still tell this day I am hoping to hook back up to this Hog of a fish, but maybe I'll have better chance cause I do know there is Hogs in Rush. I have cought some 42-46-3in which to me is really not bad.I have found that Rush does get a pea green water type in late july or early august, but I dont usuallylet that stop me from Musky Fishing here on Rush when this appears, cause I use a orange top walker- or orange type of plug or bucktail lure, which I have done very good on fishing this Rush were its pea green: october time I usually troll around islands and have had times slow- but then days that are good, I found it is better to troll for a distance then stoped and cast for a while- usually a folow or hit will happen,{I will post any information that I have on Musky Hunting on Rush. When I fish there}. I do appreciate any information that you might have on this typ of fishing: that you might have on this type of fishing: that you might have or fish tales you might hear around evening camp fires: ha ha ha

Have a good fishing season
[email protected] cambridge mn.

------------------