• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

cst9999

Hey, I am from down south and wanted some info on the fishing quality of moose lake located in Deer River, MN. is the fishing very good in this lake? ANY HELP IS VERY APPRECIATED AS IM NOT FROM THE AREA> PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doc

You may want to check out the Deer River Forum. I have fished Moose mainly for muskies and have had the best luck on cloudy days.

Jason Boser

If you are looking for walleyes there is a pretty good weed bite this time of the year right on the edge of the weeds with a crawler and lindy or a jig and minnow or a evening bite with jig and minnow on the bars out there
good luck
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Skibo
      The landing at Stuntz Bay is private and for members only, and the docks are for landing and loading boats only.  No boats are allowed to be left at the docks, not even member boats.
    • delcecchi
      Based on some searches, there is a public access at Stuntz Bay.    From google maps it appears to be about 0.9  miles and 22 minutes to the mine.  Your mileage may vary.    This link might work...  
    • macgruber
      Was a few years ago, but wade fly fished upstream of 53 for a half day.  Tried every popper and minnow pattern fly in my box with no success.  Finally in the middle of the day switched to a larger brown bugger that looked like a crayfish and caught them till I got tired of it.  Unless things have changed, there’s a lot of bass in there.  Not a ton of size, but every now and then you’ll pop a nice one.
    • macgruber
      This looks awesome, your kids are about the same age as mine.  I’m really excited to show them the north woods next week, hopefully a few fish cooperate too!
    • redlabguy
      By larger limit, I meant 6, not 4 walleyes. I count released fish as part of the limit, too. Nothing wrong with a 15” by any means, but we had larger fish we could keep.
    • Jarrid Houston
      Yes, smallies thrive in the upper reaches of select areas of the St Louis. Lots of structure to get caught up in, but great small mouth habitat.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I'm about to take my brother and niece over to experience the Soudan Mine tour this weekend. I've driven there before but he inquired about boating to the mine. With the new state park, is there a public boat dock anywhere nearby where one could hike a mile or so from the lake to the mine entrance? I don't make it to the east end too often so my knowledge of bays and landmarks is pretty limited.
    • SkunkedAgain
      Isn't that the mantra for muskie fishermen?
    • chaffmj
      Went fishing on Basswood on Sunday. It rained all day but we had a good time thanks to Mike Stark and The Ely Fishing Guide Company.
    • Wanderer
      Never seen it myself but I looked at the satellite images and thought it looked worth a float.  The dam would probably tell you what you want to know.  Couple good gravel bars too.  Maybe the water is dark or it is mainly deeper - that I can’t tell.   I fished the Cloquet a little where 53 and 33 meet and found good action so I’m assuming the St. Louis would be similar in that area?