• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Scott M

Need a 'sure thing' walleye lake for Aug. 1, 2 weekend

Scott M

Where is a sure thing Walleye lake in this neck of the woods? I will be staying in Bigfork. I drifted all across Jessie lake around this time last year with no luck, wouldn't mind going back if I knew there was a bite on. I've got my parents out and they never get a chance to fish, so I'd like to it to be something special. We aren't looking for anything more than a good time, and we probably won't keep much more than a few to fry up. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. smile.gif

------------------

Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers!

genegodawa

Good luck with your trip, but the only Sure Thing I know is that there is no such thing as a sure thing.
Gene

Scott M

An "almost sure thing" would be just fine. I heard from a guy at work today that he dragged a line all across Bowstring for 7 hours and got nothing. Sounds like its the dead seas up there.

genegodawa

Check out the report by Otter on the Bemidji forum. Looks like you need to head a little west to get on a hot-bite.
Gene

Tim O

Had a boat with 3 people go to bowsting on sat and caught 14 eyes in acouple of hours. Other groups have done well also.
The bite on jessie has been slower,but the last week has been better.

------------------
jessieview.com

we have done very well on Bowstring the last couple weekends.

Scott M

Hey all,

Thanks for the sudden outpouring. I guess I'll do Jessie or Bowstring and hit the bait shops on the way up. Good luck to all this weekend!

Jason Boser

we have 2 good bites right by where you are staying
bowstring has been good
winnie has still been good
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

Scott M

Hey all,

Back from the trip. It went great. Don't know if anyone would agree with me or not but after my first trip to Bowstring I would call it a poor-man's Mille Lacs. We caughts lots of eater sized Walleyes before the rain hit us on Friday and a few more when we went out on Sunday. I want to thank everyone one more time for all the tips on lakes, and not to be holier than thou, but to just say that when you get a nice tip like that be sure to not abuse such a privelege and thank those who helped you. Thanks again and good fishing!

Scott M

I was also gonna mention that I saw a truck with fishingminnesota.com on the back window Sunday morning at the M&H gas station in Grand Rapids. It had goose slayer on the side and a bunch of other goose decals on the topper. I was told that moderators get those fishingminnesota.com decals? So if it was you Jason, good to see you, or someone else, cool.

Jason Boser

I stop at Mand H but no goose stickers only St.Croix and northland and gemini I am glad I could help with your fishing week and I like what you said
thanks
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• BrianF
      The water temp had dropped to anywhere between 44 to 40, depending on where you were. Saw as low as 37 in Bystrom Bay. The temp we saw the most was 41.  It’s cold!
    • Tom Sawyer
      A bit of a hike in, but well worth it, Mud Lake off the Inchon Trail I'm sure.....maybe we can meet up Brian and Tracie, I'll bring the potatoes and baked beans 😎
    • Wanderer
      Probably Lake Alott.   It kinda looks like a lot. 😉
    • Agronomist_at_IA
      I seen on JR's Facebook they had a pic of a tournament on upper red.  It showed a #8, #12.6, #14.4 and a #15 walleye......I thinking this was some kinda joke....can anyone enlighten me. When I talked to a guide a year or so ago I asked him how many #10 walleye he seen come out of upper red......he said he hadn't seen one since he started to guide.    
    • Agronomist_at_IA
      After reading all the post and having gone to upper red once a year sometimes twice (Started renting shacks then got a wheel house 3 yrs ago) for the past eleven years. I find this entire thread and topic somewhat laughable. The locals and resorts seem to complain about an issue they've brought upon themselves. I kinda agree with the post you've put up to a point.    Here is my view.....maybe it is wrong. I drive 7+ hours from Northwest Iowa pay the fees to fish in Minnesota for a couple days. Pay the resort fees for roads, pay for services at the resorts. I tend to buy fuel, bait, propane, and food at the places we use, and sometimes other services. These people make a living using the lake to BRING the business to them. Then when they get the people to the lake and get some money flowing and are having success with people showing up.......the big problem is trash......Seems pretty simple to me if your a resort......figure out trash management for you customers. They showed up and are using the services you provide. A simple $5 tagged onto a road fee with avalible dumpsters could solve the problem. I actually have never had any issues with trash on my trips....so I'm a bit supprised by all this. I mean people are going through the resorts for services and willing to pay. If $5 was a deal breaker.....then why wouldn't people just go out of the public acess points, and not pay any resort fees.   The first 7yrs the guide we use had a trailer on the lake and had his customers throw tied off bags of trash in it. Then he disposed of it. The last three years with my shack the resort we went out of had a dumpster to throw the trash in. I'd gone out of JR's Access, West Winds, and Rogers. When We came off the lake we stopped in and asked if we could throw our trash away....they always said yeah put it in the dumpster.   
    • SkunkedAgain
      Thanks. That's one of the ones that I was considering.
    • SkunkedAgain
      The water temps were 44-47 degrees over most of the lake this weekend. Black Bay partially froze Friday night into Saturday.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I saw a lot of guys running planner boards. We braved the cold ride Friday and Saturday, going from the far west end over near Shamrock. We spot locked in the wind and had pretty good success with the 11-13" walleyes but nothing of size except a few beautiful jumbo perch. We just used jigs in 30-35ft of water with rainbow minnows, the smaller the better. Big minnows were useless.   We didn't stay at any of the west end locations too long, but mostly because we weren't marking fish and weren't getting any bites. I would have liked to work longer for the bigger fish.
    • ANYFISH2
      Care to share where in Ripley this feeding flat is?  Maybe I shoot a deer and catch fish in Ripley this year!😁
    • seifjr
      As usual Curt, thanks for all the reports you provide to us folks that only get up to LOW 4-5 times/year.  Coming up again for the MEA weekend, fishing Thursday-Saturday.  Looks like Thursday's going to be nice with warmer temps and WSW winds.  If we get the heavy WNW winds on Saturday, is the LP area fishable.  Seems like the more west it is the comfort level goes up dramatically.  Bringing the kids this trip, so there not real big fans of the 4-5 footers if you know what I mean.  Hope to see ya Thursday, we'll be in a 2150 Lund and 18.5 Alumacraft.