• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need a 'sure thing' walleye lake for Aug. 1, 2 weekend

Where is a sure thing Walleye lake in this neck of the woods? I will be staying in Bigfork. I drifted all across Jessie lake around this time last year with no luck, wouldn't mind going back if I knew there was a bite on. I've got my parents out and they never get a chance to fish, so I'd like to it to be something special. We aren't looking for anything more than a good time, and we probably won't keep much more than a few to fry up. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. smile.gif

------------------

Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers!

Good luck with your trip, but the only Sure Thing I know is that there is no such thing as a sure thing.
Gene

An "almost sure thing" would be just fine. I heard from a guy at work today that he dragged a line all across Bowstring for 7 hours and got nothing. Sounds like its the dead seas up there.

Check out the report by Otter on the Bemidji forum. Looks like you need to head a little west to get on a hot-bite.
Gene

Had a boat with 3 people go to bowsting on sat and caught 14 eyes in acouple of hours. Other groups have done well also.
The bite on jessie has been slower,but the last week has been better.

------------------
jessieview.com

Hey all,

Thanks for the sudden outpouring. I guess I'll do Jessie or Bowstring and hit the bait shops on the way up. Good luck to all this weekend!

Hey all,

Back from the trip. It went great. Don't know if anyone would agree with me or not but after my first trip to Bowstring I would call it a poor-man's Mille Lacs. We caughts lots of eater sized Walleyes before the rain hit us on Friday and a few more when we went out on Sunday. I want to thank everyone one more time for all the tips on lakes, and not to be holier than thou, but to just say that when you get a nice tip like that be sure to not abuse such a privelege and thank those who helped you. Thanks again and good fishing!

I was also gonna mention that I saw a truck with fishingminnesota.com on the back window Sunday morning at the M&H gas station in Grand Rapids. It had goose slayer on the side and a bunch of other goose decals on the topper. I was told that moderators get those fishingminnesota.com decals? So if it was you Jason, good to see you, or someone else, cool.