• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

dakota.1950

We will be on Deer Lake for a week starting July 3rd. We are wondering what the mayfly status is and what the water level is. We we there the same time last year and really enjoyed it. Is everything running a little behind normal as far as the seasonal conditions?
Any other info will be appreciated.

Thanks & keep the bobber bobbing!

bmc

Deer lake by Deer River? I'm not sure on the mayfly situation, but the largemouth have been on a terror lately! See my other posts! I haven't heard a walleye report yet, but that doesn't mean they're not catching them. I've had good luck in July and August trolling crankbaits after dark for walleyes. Any other method has been hampered by the rock bass. I know there was a large hatch of mayflies on Moose and Winnie is starting to see a few mayflies too.

Brian

dakota.1950

Thanks for the reply Brian. Yes, Deer NE of Deer River.
Let me know if you hear anymore about the Mayfly situation. I thought as long as they hit Moose last week that they would have been on Deer.
Do you have any idea where the old boat ramp is on the east side. I have heard that that area is good for crappie.
Thanks.

bmc

No clue on the old east end boat ramp, I'll have to do some asking about that one. I've heard of people catching crappies in Deer during late ice. I'm planning on trying next year at late ice. Post a report on how you do.

Brian

dakota.1950

Brian
I got this response on a post I have running on the Grand Rapids page. "Old access is on east side of lake. If you know where Bear island is, go to south of that into Wilcox bay. Old access is north of the bay past sand beach near white boathouse. Water shallow so be careful."
Hope you are right about the Crappies. I will let you know how it all turns out.

Thanks for your response.

Jay

dakota.1950

Getting packed up and ready to leave on Friday afternoon. Any last minute reports??

Thank You.

dakota.1950

We just returned from Deer Lake. Cold and rainy most of the time. BUT, Thursday morning 11:37 A.M. during partly cloudy conditions we boated a 29" 10 lb Wally using a crappie jig and leech.
It made the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for all your imput.

Jay