• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Jason Boser

Grand Rapids Winnie fishing report 5-31-04

Happy Memorial day to all out there.
Another week of cold and wind up here in the Northland. Winnie is just at 54 degrees water temp as of yesterday. The good news is the fishing is still pretty good. The North shore, Tamarack bay, west shore between Ravens and Mallard point all are doing well. Jig and shiner is still the top bait and they are still in the deeper water 9-11 ft. The deeper humps and bars are even producing some fish but most are over the slot limit.
Sand is producing some nice fish, look for the long flat shorelines or the bars out in the middle of the lake with a jig and minnow. Round Lake is doing well, there the shoreline is the best but they are starting to get them on the main bar too. Boswstring is also getting fish this year around the river channel and the north shore.
The fishing is starting off to a nice year with lots of fish around the area lakes. Good luck fishing and if you need more info contact me.

Jason Boser
Fishing fever guide service
218-327-2191
[email protected]

Slugo

Well we didn't fair the best on Bowstring this trip. we managed a meal of walleye but it took some work. Shorelines in 10 to 15 Ft but we did get on in 8 Ft. we seemed to get bit on minnows and leaches about the same. Some of the fish we cleaned were stuffed and I mean stuffed with small minnows and Young of year pearch. we also had more little hammer handle pike than I can count.
I don't think I have ever woren my carharts on Memoral weekend and felt cold before. What weather!!! ish!
With the drift sock out at one point I was drifting at 1.1 mph. I'm now gonna go look into getting a second sock.
hope you all had better luck that we did/

------------------
Crappie it's not just a fish it's a attitude!

IBOT #23

hampster

Sounds like our weekend also. Fish Bowstring with 10-12 little northerns for every walleye. Only fished bowstring one day and found a couple small walleyes that went back.

Tried Jessie, nothin'. I've fished Jessie a handful of times in the past year and caught a few fat perch and a couple northerns. For a lake with alot of hype, I haven't found the fish... yet.

Also tried little bowstring, and fished through some nasty wind and rain. Kept telling myself with SE winds sustained for two or three days, the fish should be stacked on the northwest shoreline. But nothin'

Great weekend, poor weather, fishin is always great.

Tim O

We had a couple of boats that did very well last weekend (one caught about 50 walleyes , first time ever on the lake)and other boats that fish the lake alot had only a few or none.
It was a tough weekend with rain and a sw wind the whole time.
The best bite is still to come.

------------------
jessieview.com