• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I finally made it out to Moose Lake, north of Deer River on the night of 05-28-04. I fished from about 8pm till 10pm. It was a "funky" bite to say the least. I ended up C&R'ing 4 'eyes, 3 10" and 1 14". I was even using long shanked jigs and still had a hard time hooking them. I must have missed 10-15 other fish to boot. Lots of minnows in the shallows, so if the weather would ever straighten out, the bite should really turn on. It seems like the last 2 years there's been lots of little 'eyes and it's been tough to catch keepers. Has anyone else noticed this? I hope the slot limit on the 10 'eye lakes in Itasca County goes into effect. I'd like to see a minimum though too, I think there's quite a few people out there with the attitude, if it's a walleye, it's a keeper.

bmc

Brian, I have fished Moose a lot these past several years and have seen a lot of those smaller fish. Every year I say next year will have a real good year class, but they keep coming out small. It is a very quality fishery, though, with a lot of walleyes. There's a lot of little perch in that lake that take Bait-stealing 101 on how to steal a minnow without getting hooked. Email me sometime to hook up or just talk reports. *********** at hotmail dot com
I kicked myself for not getting out tonight--beautiful full moon. Good luck at WWT.

Yeah, I'm wishing I woulda' taken a vacation day or called in sick. Nothing like full moon fishing on Moose. I've caught some nice one's out there during the full moon. My partner and I are getting pumped for the WWT. We've gotta get out and do some prefishing. Looking at the WWT site though, it only has 15 boats signed up for the 1st tourney. I'm hoping there's more boats that they haven't updated lately. I've got my kid's this weekend, so we may head down to Tioga for some rainbow action one evening. Any trout reports for me?

Brian

Sorry, no trout reports. I've been chasing that stinken walleye around the world and back. Pulled some nice pigs out of that pit this winter, and saw many more. Hopefully you get into some.
I have a feeling they just haven't updated the WWT site cause I looked at it a long time ago and there was 15 boats then. It would be nice to get a full tourny of 50 boats.
Have you hit a night bite yet? I will get out soon. The water temp sky rocketed these past few days--it should start getting really good here. The problem is there are so many lakes in our area to night fish, I can't choose. I'll have to draw straws. Good luck.