• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

BIG ISLAND DUDE

How is the ice looking in the marcel area?
Will the lakes be ice free by the 24th?
thanx,
Big Island Dude

------------------
Bring on summer!

bmc

The ice is pulling away from the shorelines, but it will be nip and tuck for the ice to be out next week. If we get some good, hard rain and some really warm weather, it's a possibility.

Brian

BigFisherman

We are 7 miles north of Marcell. Our lake is about 70% ice free (the most shallow area) and will be out by days end with a little wind/rain. Big Turtle is pulling away from the edge but still lots of ice. Will post more as I see changes.

BIG ISLAND DUDE

I have a place on big island, If anyone goes out that way please take a look for me and update.
Thanx,
Bigisland

------------------
Bring on summer!

BIG ISLAND DUDE

Big Fisherman,
What lake are you on?

BigFisherman

Horseshoe (North of Marcell). Talked to a friend of mine that lives a mile south of Bigfork and the ice went out of his lake yesterday, Horseshoe was clear of ice this A.M. Will check Big Island later in the week and let you know.

Ben Nicholson

Big Fisherman,

Does Dave Gilgenbach still live out there on Horshoe? He built our cabin, heck of a nice guy.

Ben Nicholson

BIG ISLAND DUDE

I will be coming up this weekend and hoping to put the boat in the water. Big Island has an average depth of about 25-20 feet or less and is about 240 acres. Does anyone think the Ice will be off by saturday? Are most of the lakes opening up this week? I am very impatient and can not wait to get my boat wet.

------------------
Bring on summer!

Twitter

Big,
Dora Lake is open......I plan on going for a few perch if nothing else on Saturday.
If I remember how to cast....

BigFisherman

BigIsland, the ice is off. You should have no problems. Big Turtle is ice free also (at least on the north end.)

Ben, we purchased Dave Gilgenbach's house on Horseshoe a year ago this past February. We moved up here full time in July of last year. Enjoying every day - Dave does build a nice house. Stop over sometime.

Ben Nicholson

BF,

That is too funny! What a small world. That is a beutiful home.

Ben

------------------
"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." Theodore Roosevelt

snowfighter

Big Bowstring ice went out on wednsday, looks good to see open water

BIG ISLAND DUDE

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Bring on summer!

BigFisherman

Ben, where are your located?

Ben Nicholson

I live in Iowa, but our cabin is on Sand (Bowstring Chain).

Ben

------------------
"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." Theodore Roosevelt

BigFisherman

Ben, we were on Portage Lake off the SE arm of Sand, just across the road from Lakewood Lodge. Were there for 15 years. Originally from Iowa, retired up here last summer from Ankeny. Previously lived in Carroll. Let us know when you're coming up and we can get together. Still fish Sand, good lake to bring the grandkids, always something biting.

Lot of Hawkeye and Cyclone fans in our area up here on Turtle and surrounding lakes. I think we outnumber the Gopher fans, at least last year couldn't get anyone to take a friendly wager on the Hawkeye/Gopher football game.

Let me know your e-mail address if you want to keep in touch.

Have a good one.

Ben Nicholson

My email is [email protected] I'm in Iowa City. I hope to get up there the end of May for a week.

------------------