• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

BIG ISLAND DUDE

I am curiose to hear how people did this winter fishing BigIsland or some of the other smaller lakes in the area?
I didnt make it out to much this winter{im not real big on Ice Fishing anyway} the couple times we did make it out we just got a few crappies and and lots of small perch. Two real nice northerns 29" and 31" were my best fish of the winter. We didnt even keep one fish this winter, we usually catch a lot more crappies and keep a few for breakfest.

Does Anyone think the ice will be out by the 24th?
-Big Island Dude

------------------
Bring on summer!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• chucker1101
      Tale of two days this last weekend. On Saturday, couldn't pull a fish out of the lake. On Sunday, had a four fish walleye limit by 11am, with a bonus perch as well.   Graphed fish on Saturday, just couldn't get 'em to move. On Sunday, went back and no fish to be found. Decided to get out of my comfort zone, so i started working spots that i hadn't been to in two years or more. 2nd spot i tried had 'em stacked. Not huge, but consistent 12-15". Good size to keep.   My take-away was get out and try some spots you haven't been to in a while.
    • imhatz
      Rick where is Elephant lake ? I have been going to Sand Point and Crane since 1983. We fish mainly in Sand Point ...Staeges, Grassy and Browns. We are tenting at Jensen site.
    • Wheezy Outdoors
      The sweltering heat, high humidity values, and intermittent thunderstorms have certainly provided some challenges for anglers but even as we enter the dogdays of summer the fish are still on the chow! As we all know there is never any shortage of action when one sets out to target Bass. Smallmouth Bass can be found along the deep weed lines, rocks, and sunken humps. Try using a Drop-Shot Rig tipped with a Leech. Largemouth on the other hand can be found working the weeds inside and outside the lines using Tubes, Spinner Baits, and Carolina Rigs. In the early morning, try working docks, shoreline structure and swimming platforms next to sharp drop-offs. Of course, usually by this time of year we have shifted our focus to chasing Large Slab Crappies. The weed beds are holding large numbers of both Crappies and Sunfish. Pay especially close attention to the cabbage along deeper drop-offs. Slip-Bobbers using live bait or plastics, Small Swim Baits, Spinners, Beetle Spins are all working well, these buggers have been hungry!! The Walleye bite is also one that has yet to relinquish to the torrid, humid conditions. A lot of techniques have still been producing good numbers of fish. Anything from pulling Spinners in the weeds, Lindy Rigs, Slip-Bobbers, jigs tipped with Leeches, Crawlers or Chubs… Cranks, Shiver Minnows and the list goes on!! It really is Dealer’s Choice it seems, trolling Cranks on the mid-lake flats has been best toward the evening hours until after dark, Spinners have been enticing them during the mid-day, as well as jigging raps for the walleye found out over the deep structure. -Cheers! Alice Wiese Wheezy Outdoors 218-275-7525  
    • Wheezy Outdoors
      The sweltering heat, high humidity values, and intermittent thunderstorms have certainly provided some challenges for anglers but even as we enter the dogdays of summer the fish are still on the chow! As we all know there is never any shortage of action when one sets out to target Bass. Smallmouth Bass can be found along the deep weed lines, rocks, and sunken humps. Try using a Drop-Shot Rig tipped with a Leech. Largemouth on the other hand can be found working the weeds inside and outside the lines using Tubes, Spinner Baits, and Carolina Rigs. In the early morning, try working docks, shoreline structure and swimming platforms next to sharp drop-offs. Of course, usually by this time of year we have shifted our focus to chasing Large Slab Crappies. The weed beds are holding large numbers of both Crappies and Sunfish. Pay especially close attention to the cabbage along deeper drop-offs. Slip-Bobbers using live bait or plastics, Small Swim Baits, Spinners, Beetle Spins are all working well, these buggers have been hungry!! The Walleye bite is also one that has yet to relinquish to the torrid, humid conditions. A lot of techniques have still been producing good numbers of fish. Anything from pulling Spinners in the weeds, Lindy Rigs, Slip-Bobbers, jigs tipped with Leeches, Crawlers or Chubs… Cranks, Shiver Minnows and the list goes on!! It really is Dealer’s Choice it seems, trolling Cranks on the mid-lake flats has been best toward the evening hours until after dark, Spinners have been enticing them during the mid-day, as well as jigging raps for the walleye found out over the deep structure. -Cheers! Alice Wiese Wheezy Outdoors 218-275-7525  
    • rumeye
      I live just off the Rum near walbo. Water high deer flies horrible. Yes good smallie and walleye when water down to normal. To high right now in my opinion.
    • delcecchi
      I wonder if there is any connection to the fact that when the dnr guys pull their seine on my beach they get 150 or so nice perch? Run up to 4 or 5 inches.   They seine at a number of places around the lake 4 times every July and have been for many years.   This is way above what I can remember as typical.  And that is without the young of the year which are still too little to show up much. 
    • james_walleye
      Wow that is ugly for sure! 
    • bassbouncer
    • TAJ
      I fished last Tuesday and Wednesday. Caught 5 walleyes in Lower WF on lindy and leach. 4 of the fish were caught within an hour on Tuesday early evening. Mornings were slow both days. Heading up again on Monday for a few days. Hopefully weather will stay stable. 
    • james_walleye
      Ya I looked and couldn't find any results either.