• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
northwoodsman

don't bother fishing white oak

northwoodsman

my neighbor and i were talking, he said the water is 2'' deep there's only two ice houses out there since today was a good day to go
i wouldn't bother going lets hope by opener
things will pick up. if not i have other places to go

northwoodsman

white oak this year isn't a good place to fish with the water shallow. it would be a
waste going there

BIG ISLAND DUDE

Sounds like your trying to keep poeple away from your favorite little lake. wink.gif

northwoodsman

not really,cutfoot souix is where i go
to fish

jigglestick

white oak lake is a shallow water basin that maintians its water level with the mississippi river. it is more or less a back water.it is located south of deer river, accessable by an public access on it's north shore. it is generaly shallow, but with the extra low water level in the river, i can only imagine the lake itself is extremely low. that would not nessacarily mean the fish have all disintegrated, and it the river is unaccessable to them, they would have nowhere to go. possibly a big winter kill?
usually a good duck lake, but lots of pressure.

------------------
a proud member in good standing of the International Brotherhood of Triangulists!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???