• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Had a friend who was telling me he was fishing a lake called Pancake lake and there were huge gills in it. Anyone been there..........but then of course it could be a well guarded secret, but here goes.

------------------
Tight Lines,

JP Z

I couldn't find that thread on Lard lake. It was a good one. On Pancake lake, I heard the same about the gills. As big as, well.....Pancakes! I went there once when they were running a little small, about the size of a silver dollar. One nice thing was you can catch all you can eat! I like melted butter and syrup on mine. At times I even put jelly on them. Some may say that's weird, but I like them that way. One good tip when preparing them, keep the griddle hot! Golden brown and a flakey center. Now I'm hungry, I'm gonna make some waffles. grin.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

There is a Pancake Lake located East of Grand Rapids in the Warba/Shallow Lake Area. There are tons of Bluegills, Crappies and Perch in this lake, but they are known for being small. There are some "semi decent" size Northerns in there and that would probably be more fun for you. Your friend may have hit the 'gills good in there and if he did, he probably knows something we don't. Try to get him to take you out there.

------------------
The Early Bird-Jeff Sundin
Early Bird Fishing Guide Service
Phone: 218-246-2375
North-Central Minnesota
Lakes Country
E-mail: [email protected]

Thanks for the info............and the frying recipes. Mmmmmmm waffles!!! I'll see what I can dig up hopefully I can find it or a close substitute.

------------------
Tight Lines,

JP Z