• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody icefish Little Bowstring and do any good? How much ice is on the lakes in the area? Has anybody been catching any wallys or panfish?

Hey Bigfisherman,thanks for the reply.Trying to plan a trip to the area first part of jan. Where at on little bowstring do you fish the most? Fished that lake alot in the summer, always thought i would like to fish it in the winter.We have no ice done here and not going to get any for awhile.Are the eyes deep this time of the year?

Hoosier Farmer - about a foot of ice on the area lakes - getting some crappie during low light plus occasional walley, bluegill, and always a few pesky northern. Weather is great, in the mid 30's not much wind. A great time to be in the Northland.

I play golf in Bigfork with a fellow that has a place on Little Bowstring. He is in Florida now, not knowing what he is missing.

Maybe see you on the ice.

Hey farmer, Where are you from in Indiana? I'm heading down on Saturday to go waterfowlin down there. It's gonna feel weird going goose hunting after I've been ice fishing for nearly a month already. We're going to the Berne/Decatur area.

Hey Trapper,I wish Iwas up there. I live in Bourbon, half way between Plymouth and Warsaw on US 30. We have a little snow now, but temps in the 40's by the weekend. How has the fishing been? Do you fish the Marcell aera much, what lakes? Was up in June and did pretty good,tried some lakes i had never been on. Hope to get up ther to icefish soon.
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Sounds good, there's nothing wrong with feeling a little warm weather every once in a while. The fishing has been excellent. I fish more in the Grand Rapids/Deer River area. Crappies, walleyes, and perch are biting good on area lakes and there's plenty of ice out there too.

Trapper,have you ever fished Inland lake by Deer River? Not a real big lake but easey to get on. Big pearch,few wallys,some crappies.Most lake I fished are in the Marcell area,stayed at CAMP KOKOMO,nice place to stay, dont know about winter lodging. Never fished North Star with any luck. Was on Little Turtle this spring for the first time, looks like a lake with good possibilites.