• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I would also like to welcome Bill Powell of Fred's Bait in Deer River. He has promised to be a daily contributor here. So if you need help he is one of the go to guys and you will see him post fishing-outdoor conditions on a regular basis.

I would also like to welcome Jeff Sundin aka TheEarlyBird of The Early Bird Guide Service. He has promised to keep everyone up to date here as well. Jeff has been a Pro Staffer in the Leech Lake forum and has done a nice job keeping folks up to date there and he plans on keeping that up as well. He will even sneak into the Winnie Forum from time to time at my request if it gets a little slow for answers.

We're talking a TON of lakes in the Deer River to Marcell Region. We have two experts ready and raring to go!!!!

Welcome again Jeff and Bill!!! smile.gif

holy smokes! i just saw this forum smile.gifwelcome aboard guys, glad to have you. bill, i will continue to stop in, and if my picture gets full of waterspots by the minnow tank, we would be glad to keep you in fresh ones. we take pictures of our trips north almost every time.
i would recomend your shop to anyone heading out fishing from grand rapids to url to low. fresh lively bait, and great counts too!
those of you who have stopped in to freds bait in the past, can expect the same great service they're used to, just fresh new faces. bill at fred's also has almost every thing you may have forgotten, or lost on your last outing from your tacklebox.
stop in and say hi.
see you soon!

------------------
keep your 9 iron on the ice!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

[This message has been edited by jigglestick (edited 11-28-2003).]

I just noticed this forum too!!! I'll second that jigglestick, Fred's is the place to go. In fact I was just there yesterday checking out the new tackle and stuff for the upcoming ice season. I'm gonna try to get out on the 1st and try Big Ball Club for spearing. Then I'll be heading to South Dakota to chase pheasants for 5 days, so I'll be hitting the ice fishing hard after that....hopefully we'll get a few more much needed inches of ice on the lakes by then. Jeff will be a big plus here too, he'll have lots of good info, guaranteed!!

bmc

I fish this area a lot in the summer. It's the best area in the state as far as I'm concerned. I fish mainly around Marcell. Turtle, Big Island, North Star, Big Ole, Grave, Spider, and the list goes on. This is going to be a pretty neat forum!

I also think that it is great that there is a DR/M forum. this is the only area that I fish in other than the occasional trip. I am lokking forward to reading the posts.

Bassman

Yippie, welcome deer river to the FM fold. As a lifelong resident of the area tis nice to see. looking forward to some good threds.

Excellent !! Now I guess I'll have to frequent Fred's bait too !!! My loyalties have been with the bait shop in town with the 24 hr fridge out front in Deer River. He's saved my mornings many times when I don't get out of the cities until late on a Friday night and want to fish that night or early the next morning at the cabin. I have a cabin on Bass Lake in Wirt and spend a lot of time in the area. I'm looking forward to some more local information from Bill and others. Most of the time I run from Wirt to LOW &/or URL, but I spend a lot of time fishing perch on Dora in the winter too.

I iced 5 or 6 northerns and 2 bass on tip-ups on Saturday while trying to get the cabin cleaned up. Every time I got up to the cabin and looked at the lake, at least one flag was up !! grin.gif I finally went down to 1 tip-up beacause I was getting too d#$n wore out running up and down the hill to the lake !!
5-6 inches of ice out in front of the cabin.
The biggest pike was 5-6 pounds...it was fun to be on the ice again !!

Welcome Bill !! and keep the info coming!!!

I know Bill is happy to hear that you guys are excited about the Deer River forum and I am too. There are a lot of times that there will be some crossover information between this and the Leech Lake forum, so if you like to fish North of Deer River, check this one first. If you like to fish West of Deer River try checking the Leech Lake forum too.
As moderators, bill and I are both looking forward to lots of reports from others, so don't be shy, we'll be welcoming all the input you have.

------------------
The Early Bird-Jeff Sundin
Early Bird Fishing Guide Service
Phone: 218-246-2375
North-Central Minnesota
Lakes Country
E-mail: [email protected]

I Have Been All over this great country of ours{Mountians , Oceans, Plains}, MN and Speciffacly The Marcel Area is by far the greatest I Have ever seen. I spend Hours-Days-Months Fishing and hunting the Marcel area, and will only spend more time as I get older.Thanx for the Forum.
-BIG ISLAND DUDE

------------------
I never vote for, I alawys vote against

Me and a buddy speared McAvity bay and on the west side of the Gap today. In about 7 hours of spearing, in two seperate houses, we saw only 3 little gators, and that was it. I think this cold front shut things down. There's only about 6" of ice in the south end of McAvity bay, so use some cation!! The west side of the Gap, there was 10-12". From the reports I've heard, spearing has been pretty slow....can anyone confirm or deny this?

bmc

i'm excited about the new board. i live in deer river, welcome bill and jeff i'll be checking this board more frequently

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Don't forget to help them out northwoodsman smile.gif

This is a place to talk fishing and have some fun. Bill, Jeff and all of us want you and all Deer River-Marcell-Remer area outdoors people to be part of this Forums community.

If you like this forum and want to use it let's hear from you smile.gif

I'm a moron. I first found this site today. I normally post on the GR page. Now I can actually post on Marcell, that's where all my fishing is done anyway. Thanks for starting this Rick, it's great!!!