• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be heading up to Thunder Lake the weekend after opener, and was looking for some good places to try for walleye, pike, and crappie. Was there for the first time last year and found a few walleye, but not that many,and couldn't locate the pike at all, although we heard of some big ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I fished Thunder early last with a couple guys and two of us caught a couple walleyes dragging leeches in the north end of the lake. I'm not sure if they're up at that part of the lake in mid may though. As far as pike, I've heard similiar things but didn't target them when I was there. I did catch a couple real nice crappies, so I know they're there. It seems like a good lake for walleyes, wish I could tell you more. I hope to get there this summer. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by tinski (edited 04-30-2003).]

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody get out on Thunder this past weekend? I am heading up this weekend and looking for some reports.

Wishin...

I am heading up Memorial Weekend. Please post your results when you get back. Thanks!

Hook-

I will be glad to let you know how they are bitin'. Have you heard anything so far??

Hook-
Just got back from thunder with limited success. Could not entice the Walleyes to bite, got one in thr group. Kept getting into the bass, wish it was a week later so that they were open. We saw large numbers of walleye and smallmouth on the rocks in around 8' of water. The water was 54-56 throughout the lake. Hope you have more luck than we did, it was a good weekend anyways, at least we were fishin, right.

Wishin -

Thanks for the update! I spoke to some resort owners and they said it has been slower than normal because of the cold water temperatures. They expected the walleyes to be more active in the next week or two. Hopefully it picks up by this weekend. I wouldn't mind a few smallies either!

• 2 weeks later...