• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye,

where can a guy go to try and catch a couple crappies this spring in the Remer area ?

can't give away my secret lakes, but you can try three island, big sand, or hill lake. three island is a favorite of mine for early crappie action because there are so many shallow bays that heat up faster.

to wave runner, fishing around remer and hill city area lakes. hill lake last year we did okay most of the year catching crappies anywhere on the lake, my dad lives over there and he is on the lake all the time. in the remer area sugar lake, big sand, and most area lakes you can catch crappies on the northern shores right now. so give a try.
walleye
my new e-mail address is
[email protected]

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN
Phone: (218) 566-2398

crappie fishing
i have been out checking for crappies this week but no luck. water surface temps low fifty's it needs to be little warmer. i did catch some bass, and one northern. so hopefully by next saturday walleye's will be just smackin them jigs.
walleye

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN
Phone: (218) 566-2398

anglertom, were you the two young guys in the boat on the windy side? My dad was out there and he dropped a marker and was fishing around it. Said he saw to guys in a boat move in and start catching crappies. He did pretty good too. I guess he went back sunday and nothing... they moved on. We'll try and find them again this friday.

[This message has been edited by big_fish_guy (edited 05-05-2003).]

I've heard rumor that there are crappies in Big Rice along with the notherns and what not. not looking for secret spots at all, just general info, Duck hunt out there alot in the fall and thinking about dropping in this weeekend. When somebody told me about the crappies I was rather dubious since I didn't think that lake was deep enough, but I could be wrong since I pretty much stick to the West/N West end for hunting, anybody?,anybody?

northerns = yes
crappies = not that I know of. I have never fished out there, but I know they catch northerns. I suppose there could be crappies, there are streams going in and out of there that they could swim in, but I havn't talked to anyone that has ever caught a lot. My guess is that some may have caught the occasional 2 -3. plus, that is a non-motorized lake. paddle or electric trolling motor. right? with so many other lakes around that are better for crappies, why bother?

Thanks BigFishGuy for the input, yeah now I'm thinkin screw it and go trout fishing instead. I believe that in the fall that is a under 30lb thrust ET motor lake but it's open to motors the rest of the year. Couple years ago I was coming in one morning running my electric and I though this guy at the landing was going to have a heart attack with me running the motor but the regs say it's ok. helluva big lake to just row. < )///>=

Checked the dnr website- max depth is 5 feet. No crappies on the survey but some walleyes! Winterkills so fish are migrating elsewhere to survive the winter. Mainly a Northern lake.

Lakevet

Big Rice lake in Remer is restricted to no motors of any kind during waterfowl season including electric's

ooops! I may be mistaken and am a big enough man to admit that maybe you can't run even a ET motor on Big Rice and am just lucky I haven't got pinched yet. I just checked the regs again on line...and it didn't show up. I guess I'm rowing from now on. blush.gif