• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be up on this lake over the Holiday weekend and I'm wondering if the panfish have moved in shallow yet. I also would like to know what the water temps in this area of Remer are at. Any help is greatly appreiciated. My family and I usually have a blast fishing for pan fish over the holiday weekend and I'm hopeing for another good year.

TO MIXED DNA, THE WATER TEMPS ARE UPPER FORTIES TO LOW FIFTIES, THE CRAPPIES ARE NOT SHALLOW AREAS YET BUT I DID FIND THEM, IN 6 TO 8FT. DEEP. THE WALLEYE'S HAVE BEEN IN 10 TO 12.5 FT. DEEP IN SOME LAKES. WE NEED WARM AND STABLE TEMPS. SO GIVE IT A TRY OR GIVE ME A CALL.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN
Phone: (218) 566-2398

Thanks for the info Walleye. We are still planning on fishing our spots this weekend and I hope we have as good of luck as the previous years. I'll let you know how we did on Tuesday. Good luck to all this weekend and keep safe!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, It has been a long time since I checked in to this forum. I see the traffic in the forum is also a little slow.

Anyhow, Over Memorial Weekend our fishing party (four people) fished Shovel lake. We caught 31 very nice crappies in about 6' of water. THe action wasn't what we were used to and it took alot of work to catch as many as we did. We also hooked into 15 sunnies, all in the 1 pound range. We caught alot of smaller ones but it was the bigger ones that made us happy. The hammer handles were all over the place. It was very hard to keep them away from the crappie minnows. The largest one of the weekend was about 8 pounds. I had the pleasure of hooking into 2 real nice large mouths (released). They exploded out of the water to take my flu-flu and minnow rig. It was the highlight of my weekend. Other than a couple of dog fish and a lot of perch, by the way, what is with the white specs almost worm like things inside the perch, we didn't catch as many fish as we are used to during our holiday weekend.

Well, I will be back in the area at the end of June. I hope I can make a better report at that time. It's off to URL this weekend for me!

Ta Ta

Mixed Dna - those white things in the perch are the larva of the fresh water clam. They do "wiggle" when you flip them out with the point of your knife. I once had a DNR agent tell me -- "Cook them to well done and they're just more fish!" I suppose over the years I have probably have consumed some of them and I'm still alive & kicking. Sounds like a fun time you had on Shovel. Hope the rest of the year is good to you.