• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

how is ice going out in the area- b. & L. sand, vermillion, willow, sugar, leighton- i fish all these and more on my anual spring trip may 25th- wondering how conditions may be- if ther is still alot if ice how much? if you know. thanks

HI TRZ.
MY WIFE AND I WENT CRUISING AROUND THE AREA TODAY. LEECH LAKE IS STARTING TO OPEN, THE OTHER LAKES WILL BE OPEN IN A DAY OR TWO,WITH THE WIND WE ARE HAVING RIGHT NOW.WE NEED SOME RAIN RIGHT NOW ITS PRETTY DRY AROUND THE STATE. THE LAKES ARE LOW RIGHT NOW,BECAUSE OF NO SNOW.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN
Phone: (218) 566-2398

did you ice fish long lake this year? if so how did you do. i thought i remembered you talking about it last fall, lake seems to be coming back a bit.

HI TRZ, I DID FISH LONG LAKE AND IT WAS POOR FISHING THIS WINTER. MOST OF THE LAKES DIDN'T DO VERY WELL THIS WINTER,ACCEPT RED LAKE. WILLOW LAKE WAS STILL ICE COVERED TODAY YET, LITTLE SAND WAS OPEN. MAYBE SPRING FISHING WILL BE BETTER.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN
Phone: (218) 566-2398

i did well on long last year, in the spring. sunns were half and got a few pound craps, not like it was 5+ years ago but definately better. not surprised about williow, i think that is about the last lake in the area that the craps really GO on. this warm weather is giving me the fever to hit some of the great panfishing in your area. god knows i ice fished enough this year, was on mille lacs last weekend! by the way i think willow has the bigest craps in the area.