• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TODAY FISHING AROUND REMER. I WAS OUT TO LONG LAKE AND CAUGHT A FEW CRAPPIES THE ICE
WAS ABOUT 8 TO 10 INCHES THICK. BIG SAND IS PRODUCING SOME CRAPPIES AND BLUEGILLS. AT THUNDER LAKE THEY ARE CATCHING A FEW WALLEYE'S. MY DAD AND BROTHER ARE OVER AT DINNERPAIL LAKE NEAR HILL CITY CHECKING OUT THE ICE CONDITIONS AND GETTING A FEW CRAPPIES ALSO. SO IF YOU GOT TIME, GET OUT AND GO FISHING. SEE YOU ON THE ICE.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN
Phone: (218) 566-2398

We fished Roosie over the New Year Weekend and did pretty well. Their was not a lot of ice so moving around was a little difficult. We caught all our fish in 22-25 feet of water.

HI DREW, BEEN FISHING AROUND LONG LAKE NORTH OF REMER AND BIRCH EAST OF REMER. THE ICE IS ABOUT 9 TO 10 INCHES THICK SO FAR, BEEN GETTING A FEW CRAPPIES ENOUGH FOR THE FRYING PAN ONCE IN A WHILE. I HAVE NEVER FISHED ROSIE BUT MY ARTIC CAT DEALER IS IN OUTING, AND THERE WASN'T MUCH ICE ON THERE A COUPLE WEEKS AGO. THEY ARE GETTING A FEW NORTHERNS SPEARING.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN

CD - I was fishing on the east side. As you head south out of the access, on your left hand side the cabins stop and it's just trees with HWY 6 behind them. In that area their is an underwater point. The shoreline is stright so unless you know exactly where it is, your going to have to do a little looking. We fished around that point on the weed edge and into the weeds and caught some eyes. The action was pretty slow until dusk, it then picked up and the fish were quite active.

I have been looking for crappies on that lake for 3 years now and have only caught small ones. Where did you run into them and were they nice sized?

Drew,
I know the spot you are talking about. Thats cool you got into some eyes...I can never seem to catch any out there, but then again I rarely fish for them so that could be the reason too!

We fish for crappies on the north end, in front of our cabin. There are a lot of spots in the lake to try. The last 5 years or so the crappies were scarce and this year they are rebounding, and decent size too. Look for them deeper around 30-40 feet. They are in there. Best times are early morning and towards sunset.

FOR ALL FISHERMEN, I BEEN FISHING AROUND REMER AND HILL CITY AREA LAKES AND CATCHING A FEW CRAPPIES AND NORTHERNS. THE LAKES I BEEN FISHING IN HILL CITY AREA ARE DINNERPAIL AND MAPLE ABOUT FOUR MILES NORTH OF HILL CITY.
IN THE REMER AREA ARE LONG LAKE BIG SAND AND SUGAR. THE CRAPPIES ARE RANGEING FROM 8 TO 11 INCHES IN LENGTH, AND NORTHERNS FROM 1 TO 5 LBS. IN WEIGHT.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN

CD & Drew
I have a cabin on Roosevelt, and fish there often. Its great to read your reports. Have either of you located any 'eyes on the North end, depths? I typically fish for northerns outside our cabin on the north end and do all right in the winter. Do you know the ice conditions on the south end? Are they still planning the fishing contest on the 26th? Thanks!

jjr - I haven't been up to Roosie for a few weeks now so I don't know the current ice conditions. Last time I was their the south side (were I was fishing) had anywhere from 4-8 inches of ice. A lot has changed since then. As for the fishing contest, I don't know. Call the Amoco station in Outing, they would know.

I don't know anything about the contest. They have one every year, and I have fished them in the past. I don't make it to Roosie very often, especially this year with no snow!!
I may go up this weekend and try to do some fishing.

jjr, I have only caught two walleyes on the north end. One 8lb while ice fishing for crappies and another 12" in the summer. They are tough to catch. South end is better fishing for eyes.

FISHING AROUND THE AREA, BIG SAND WEST OF REMER IS STILL PRODUCING SOME CRAPPIES AND SUNNIES,LONG LAKE NORTH OF REMER A FEW CRAPPIES. OVER HILL CITY AREA DINNERPAIL LAKE AND HILL LAKE ARE GIVING UP A FEW CRAPPIES. THE BITE IS SLOW BUT GIVE IT A TRY. LAKE OF THE WOODS, SOME FRIENDS OF MINE JUST GOT BACK TODAY FROM THE LAKE OF THE WOODS, AND DONE PRETTY GOOD ON WALLEYE'S ALL DIFFERENT SIZES OF FISH. MOSTLY ON JIG AND MINNOW.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN

I talked to some people in Outing and the contest is a go this weekend, Sat. 1/26. Looks like the weather will be nice and mild for the event too!
I'll be heading to Outing this weekend to find some crappies and hope to join the contest.

• 1 month later...

THE LAST TWO DAYS ON THE ICE I HAVE BEEN CATCHING A FEW CRAPPIES. THEY WHERE NICE FISH NOT BIG BUT NICE EATERS. FISHING ON LONG LAKE NORTH OF REMER,JUST OFF HWY 6, FOUR MILES. IN ABOUT 18 FT. OF WATER, USING JIG AND MINNOW. BIG SAND WEST OF REMER,THEY ARE CATCHING CRAPPIES AND SUNFISH. SO IF YOU ARE IN THE AREA GIVE THESE LAKES A TRY.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN