• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lets just let it warm up to 60 and melt this ice.

This winter has been the pits. No snow for snowmobiling and the ice on the lakes has not been that safe. I ready to just let it warm up, get rid of this ice and put the Lund in the water. Can't wait, anyone else with me??? smile.gif

------------------
Just having Fun.
Love to Fish.

Did you read the DNR report on the fish houses "bobbing in their holes" in southern Minnesota? How is it up there? Here in Iowa the geese are still in the corn fields and on the ponds. No ice, no snow. We fished a lake in southern IA this past week end (in a Lund) and managed some nice crappies (10") and a few sunnies. Nothing fast and furious but it was nice to be out. 50 degree plus temps helped also. Soft water for you guys is not that far away. See you on the water this spring!

TO BIG FISHERMAN, I SEE YOU WHERE OUT IN YOUR LUND MUST BE NICE. I WENT FISHING ON THE ICE TODAY AND CAUGHT A FEW CRAPPIES THEY WERE A LITTLE SMALL TO KEEP. BUT IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY,IN THE UPPER 40'S. IT HAS BEEN A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT IN THE WEATHER UP HERE,NO SNOW FOR SNOWMOBILER'S,THAT INCLUDES
ME. SO IF YOU ARE IN MY AREA THIS SPRING GIVE ME A CALL.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN
Phone: (218) 566-2398

I can't wait for open water fishing. The weather has been too warm for my liking. The sleds are still in the pounce position so if/when it snows I'm ready.

I think the fish houses (the few that are left) up here by Ottertail are ready to in on some lakes. I can't to "soft water" fish the lakes around Ottertail and get up to my parents cabin by Remer. I think that winters like this are longer than winters that have a lot of cold and snow... At least then I can ride my sled. This winter I spent most of it looking out the window hoping for snow. I did make it out ice fishing a few times, but did not do so well. So bring on spring... I think I am going to go out and sit in my boat now. Can't wait!!!!!! smile.gif

Walleye - was 62 here yesterday & of course I had to work! The walleyes down here are starting to work up the Des Moines river to the base of the dam at Saylorville. A few being taken but if the weather holds like the past few days we should be on a good bite. (I'm the one that purchased the Mr. Pike 16' from your friend in Remer. It's parked up on Big Sand waiting for my grandson to come up.) Hope the ice holds for you guys for a few more weeks. See you on the water. I will give you a call this spring, I still owe you one for putting me on the Lund. Thanks

THE FISHING AROUND THE AREA IS SLOW. THE FISH ARE THERE BUT THEY ARE NOT BITTING. RED LAKE SEEMS TO BE THE HOT SPOT YET THIS WINTER,FOR CRAPPIES. SOME FRIENDS OF MINE HAVE DONE QUITE WELL OUT OF ROGERS,AND NO NAME RESORTS,MOSTLY IN THE EVENINGS THEY MOVE IN SHALLOWER FOR THE BITE. SO IF YOU ARE GOING TO RED LAKE GIVE IT A TRY.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN

• 2 months later...

Well the Ice is off the Lakes around Ottertail, Are all the lakes open up there? Can't wait to get up to my parents cabin and do some fishing this spring/summer. To bad it won't warm up... It has been snowing/raining all day here. Not very good fishing weather yet.

------------------
Just Having Fun!
Love to Fish.

HOPEFULLY IT WILL WARM UP BY FISHING OPENER.
THE LAKES ARE ALL OPEN EVEN LEECH, THE ICE HAS BEEN OUT FOR ABOUT A WEEK ON SOME LAKES ALREADY. THE CRAPPIES HAVEN'T MOVED IN THE SHALLOWS YET IT'S BEEN TO COLD. WE DO NEED RAIN BUT NOT SNOW???? AND WARM TEMPS. THE LAKES AROUND HERE ARE LOW.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN

WENT OUT AND TRIED THE BOAT TODAY IT RAN WELL, AND LIVE WELL WORKED OKAY. THE WATER TEMP IS STILL LOW WE NEED LOTS OF WARM WEATHER. I WENT OUT TO LITTLE SAND TO CHECK FOR CRAPPIES IN THE SHALLOWS NONE YET. ALSO CHECKED ON ANOTHER LAKE SAME THING. IT'S SUPPOSE TO WARM UP THIS WEEK JUST IN TIME FOR OPENER. SEE YOU ON THE WATER.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN