• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Almost everybody's waiting for ice out on
lakes especially me. I am waiting to try a different boat out this spring,there are a
few lakes near Longville Mn. good for spring crappies I use tube jigs with a assortment of colors until they start biting. So if anybody likes trying for spring crappies give me a call.

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN
Phone: (218) 566-2398

I won't get up to Woman Lake until Memorial weekend, but I can't wait to try for some of those slab crappies. We've done pretty well for the past five or six years. I hope the water warms up enough by Memorial weekend so that they move shallower. They're much easier for the kids to find and catch when they're in a couple feet of water. I'm getting antsy.

Is there any open water up their yet? If so, where are the crappies bitting? I'm wondering if anybody has ever fished Roosevelt for spring crappies? My folks have a place on that lake and we really haven't had much luck with the crappies. You do see lots of nice pictures of crappies in the Amoco station which were caught on Roosevelt. Where do they catch them, Woods Bay? Thanks for any replies.

It looks like the lakes will be open soon, I
checked out Little Sand north of Remer,the channel is open but the crappies are not in yet. We need warmer weather and sunny days,
so the crappies will move in shallow water.
So I will keep checking the lakes and let you know when they are open.
WALLEYE

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN

• 2 weeks later...

Spring crappies have slowed down a little bit because of the stormy weather. Maybe later this week if it warms up again, the crappies will start again in area lakes. My wife and I are going to try other area lakes for crappies later this week so I will let everybody know how they are biting.
Walleye

------------------
Bob's Guide Service
Remer-Grand Rapids, MN