• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Please DON'T mess with the FORMAT

wall eyell be

Part of FishingMN's charm is it LOOKS LIKE FishingMN.

It helps distinguish this site from "all the others."
Looking just like everybody else isn't necessarily a good thing.

I like this look.

But as with any change, over time it becomes OK I guess.
The new look is a bit "busy", but who am I to say... smile.gif

If you dont like the the site dont visit it. confused.gif

There are bigger things to worry about.(especialy if you are a packer fan)

I like it either way, It gives me something to do when I am bored at work.

Rick and others, you do have the best fishing site on the web.

Maybe we need two different fishing minnesota sites (newfishingminnesota.com and oldfishingminnesota.com) grin.gif . I like the old version better but who knows. Maybe all the things we disliked about the new version will be worked out. Either way I'm sure it won't change my addiction!

Granny

Does anyone know when tonight it will switch back to the new format? I saw a little bit of the new look(untill it froze up on me) and it seemed to be alright. It will take some time to get adjusted to it, but I think we will all like it. I believe that the people here would have been more open to the whole idea if only we had some warning or idea that the new format was going to happen. Just my 2 cents....LEECH

------------------
<*)))))))><{

Sorry but what new format. I was out of town for the weekend and it came up the same this morning.

Change is hard on everyone. Especially those who are not too computer savy but still like to participate.

Maybe have a training and explination thread to answer questions and figure things out.

Will the new version have spell check??

Still the best forum I have found.

SwampScooter hit the nail on the head as far as my usage is concerned!

I only started using the computer and the internet, last October and I'am not what I would call computer literate by any stretch, I'm still a remedial!

The old format was easy for a beginner to pick up on. I did a post this morning on the new format, about this very thing and came up with a blank?

Change is'nt easy for alot of folks, myself included, but I'm sure I would adapt. But it is possible that by the time one adapts, so to speak, new changes would occur and it's back to the farm team!

Ok I really don't care about the look or format. Change can be good or bad. What I want to know is what the "other" site is. I am curious by nature.
If you don't move forward you wont get anywhere.

Can't say what the other site is. That's Taboo on here!! But I do know that it does look similar.

I do like that fact that you can see the lurkers, but I don't like the fact that it resembles the "other" site.

I'm sure people noticed titles were changed. Some added, some dropped and some just changed. I'm an Advisor?? In any case I'm still here and will give my .02 where and when I can. That won't change.

Even though the format will change. We are all the same users. Let's see how it is after the kinks are worked out, then lets see the pros vs cons. (I like the spell check idea!)

See ya tomorrow - well maybe.. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by EBass (edited 09-20-2004).]

Personally i liked the new changes made! smile.gif Especially the features of seeing whos online at the moment and "auto-login" Cuz im too lazy to type in my user-name and password all the time! wink.gifI was kinda Bummed not seeing it when i came on today. But i'm sure if we change over to the "newer" formatted one. Everyone (most) will like it once they get used to it. But on a lighter note; Duck hunting is this weekend!!! Wahoo!

I just wanted to say that I liked it because it helped me keep better track of where there were new posts, and the favorite threads feature was cool too.
Either way fishingminnesota is still cool. smile.gif

For those of you that posted on the new forum and came up with a blank post - that isn't anything that you did wrong, the same thing happened to me. There are a few bugs, that was one of them. That won't be an issue.

I guess I can see why some wouldn't like the new format, but many of the reasons stated are because it wasn't working properly. Once the new set-up gets going, it'll be a lot of fun to use, and it seems just as straight-forward as this current forum...plus some bells and whistles. I can't imagine that someone just "stopping by" would have any more difficult time checking the forums than a seasoned user. That was only a problem with some of the bugs that were still there this morning as you couldn't post, and thread subjects were missing.

What I'm going to particularly going to enjoy is getting to my favorite forums faster, and having favorite threads set-up on my own little home page. That'll make things go faster and will make for a lot less scrolling around.

The avatars (little pic by the username) are a great touch...adding polls...finding out if your buddies are on-line...
's all good by me.

Will there be private messaging between users, too??? I didn't have long enough to play around with they system last night and this morning to see if that was a feature.

why is mine not the new format it was last night which made me mad but now it isnt i guess you could call it a miracle....either way i dont really care its a great site but y is mine the old format again?>

I liked the new format features of being able to see who was online and how many folks were in each forum. I could not post a reply, but figured the bugs will get worked out. Keep trying FM.

I find change hard at times, but in reality its inevidible.(sp) I had a good veiw of the new look this am. and my first impression was that it looked familiar, there are things I liked about the new version. I look forward to whatever happens here, this is my lake home! and I enjoy "Your" company!

Let er buck Rick!

Flip-Flop, Flip-Flop. Why change horses in the middle of a race? Whoops...wrong forum. I guess I was just so excited to be able to post...

Actually, liked some of the things I saw this morning in the new format, but disliked some others. One thing though, when I discovered this forum years ago, it was very easy to use. With 2 key strokes, was reading interesting knowledge. I never would have ventured into it 3 years ago if I had seen what I saw this morning, which was too many keystrokes to get into any useful info.

as long as it works....no hang ups ,glitches...etc......i'm certainly for it....out with the old..in with the new...world's always in a state of change...otherwise everyone would be driving a 1929 model t....lol!(did they make em that year?)

Walle eye be,

We don't want to look like everybody else.

The reason the forum is changing is we want to be able to add features and upgrade some other stuff that the old board wouldn't allow us to do.

Once you get used to it and have a chance to play with it for awhile, I'm sure that you will like it. It's actually a much easier board to use. You are also able to track different threads that you are interested in keeping up to date on.

------------------
Paul
ProStaff Director
FishingMinnesota
Iceleaders

[email protected]
Drake Motel
Marcum
Otter Outdoors
JR's Tackle
Lakemaster Lake Maps

Sorry Rick, but I gotta vote for the old format. I also visit another site with the new look, and don't like it at all.

i was a little shocked when the new version came up this morning. the old way was more user freindly perhaps, but i do see the advantages of the new one ! either way; i will be a die hard to this sight!!! del

I wuz FREAKIN' OUT when I couldn't post or reply!

I'm better now thanks...

I think I will get used to the new format in time. My only advice? Try not to make it too "busy". I agree with those who say that one of the pleasures of this site is it's accessability and uncluttered look. Also, there are still a few of us dial-up folk left, so anything that slows the loading process is frustrating for us.

I would also second the point on a page or FAQ area where various common useage topic questions could be answered.

I like the original FM emotocons the best; they are just so FMee smile.gif.

Finally(really!). I think it will be nice to be able to see who is on the site at anytime, however, I would encourage more use of the(a) chatroom if people want to converse instant-message like. I think this would prevent clogging up threads with personal banter...not that it's not supposed to be personal...I hope I'm making sense here.

I will continue to enjoy the company of my FM pals whatever the formatting. These are just some of my suggestions, for what they are worth.

------------------
SERIOUSLY! It was THIS big!

[This message has been edited by buzbunni (edited 09-21-2004).]

I liked the new site and the new features it offered.
I know no one likes change, but I believe when the bugs are removed the new site will be well accepted
Lets bare with the sites owners.