• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pray for outdoors teen

Corey Bechtold

Sunday after the Vikings game I went to my neighbors house to take some target practice with the Bow for the up coming archery season. My neighbor, his daughter Kristy, and myself went outside to sharpen our skills. After being schooled by both of them I joked with Kristy and asked if she wanted to shoot an apple off my head or something for a challenge. She was definately ready for this season. Then this morning she was hit by a semi on her way to school and now she has a real challenge ahead of her. She is lucky to be alive and has shocked doctors that she has made it this far. But tonight she is still fighting for her life. There isn't much more the doctors can do for her right now so we have to rely on the power of prayer.

Please have a prayer for Kristy, her family and friends, and all those who know her.

Faithfilly,

Corey Bechtold

As the father of two lovely daughters, I can feel the agony this young ladies parents must feel. Unfortunately, bad things do happen to good people like Kristy. She will be foremost in my thoughts and prayers. May God grace her family with strength and peace in the difficult days ahead.

------------------
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Cory,

Just said one for her.

As a father of two I can only but imagine the agony her parents are feeling. Please keep us updated on her condition. If there's anything else we can do, please let us know.

------------------
Paul
ProStaff Director
FishingMinnesota
Iceleaders

[email protected]
Drake Motel
Marcum
Otter Outdoors
JR's Tackle
Lakemaster Lake Maps

A big prayer for her and one for the parents are on the way! What a tragedy. God's speed.

Tom

Corey, do you know if we can send cards or flowers or anything to the hospital? I'm sure alot of FMers would like to do something like that.Anyways I'll be sure to remember her and her family this Sunday at church.

Corey,
I am compelled to tell you this.

Ask the family if they would allow in a "healer" to lay on hands and pray for her.

I know it is God's will... that will be done.

I laid hands on and prayed for my own father who was on death's door. He was in the VA hospital and had only hours left. He was in a deep coma. He had double kidney failure and a lung collapsed after being beaten and robbed. Doctors at the VA said he would not make it thru the night. They had given up all hope. I was only allowed with him for a few minutes.
Dad survived. He lived on having a somewhat healthy and full life, and lived for seven more years.
He lived on with my brother, he was able to quit drinking & smoking... which was a blessing. A miracle.

Some years later, I laid hands on my step father. He was going "flatline" in the hospital after a heart attack he had suffered while in surgery.
Doctors had given up on him and called me and my mother in to be with him, as he went.
He survived. He lived on having a healthy and full life for seven more years. He was fully recovered and remained active through that seven years.

I thought I was part of the healing... but not the healing part. God does that.

I also went to see a person whom I had sworen that I would never speak to again, after I heard he had cancer. This was a person that I considered to be my very worst aquaintance and a past "business gone bad" partner. I asked him to for give me and I forgave him. I laid hands on him and prayed for him.
He is still kicking... it has been two years.
Funny thing is ... we still are not talking and are not friends.
But I was compelled to do this for him.

Here is the prayer I pray as I place on hands (does not matter where you place your hands):

Lord God if it be your will, let (say this person's name) be able to live.

(say the person's name) is needed here for (do your best to explain why in detail... say why this person needs to live and stay here. Be it to remain with loved ones say their names here too).

I pray this in the name of your son, Jesus the Christ.

Well...
I have not shared this with many persons other than my pastor.
I shared it with my pastor only after much thought and a troubled heart.
I had "tested" this healing by approaching a gentelman who was dieing of cancer... I laid hands on him and prayed for him. I could not explain why he should live in the prayer, having not known him or anything about him.
He died some months later.
I was bothered by this and had to seek my pastor's council on the matter. I felt bad for testing God's grace. I came to realize that it was God's will that had been done.

I do beleave in the power of prayer and in God's healing hands. Please share my prayer with the family.
If you are able to ask this family to allow me, I will gladly come.

I will be praying for her.

Catch-n
Dave Hoggard
507-202-0312

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 09-15-2004).]

Prayers are up from Spring Bay.

God Himself, shall surely provide the peace that only He can, which passeth all understanding.

I have 2 girls and 2 boys---- I cannot imagine what these parents are going through--
Prayers for them as well.

Doug

------------------
Captain Doug Wintle
Licensed Guide
U.S.C.G #938941
Spring Bay Resort & Guide Service
http://www.SpringBayResort.com

Lund Pro Staff
RJ Sport and Cycle Pro Staff
[email protected]
800-847-5253

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I pray for Kristy and her family in this difficult time.

I too am a father of two daughters. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for all of them.

May God's grace shine upon them.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

She'll be in my prayers as well her family.

Have two teenage daughters and a teenage son I can only image what they're going through.

Borch

[This message has been edited by Borch (edited 09-15-2004).]

2 beutiful daughters myself and can't stand the thought of something bad happening to them..will definately say a prayer for this child.

Her and her family are in our prayers. I pray for a full and quick recovery.
This is very sad to hear. Can we send cards anyplace?

My prayers go to her and her family. I lost one of my high school colligues last year and it's the hardest thing in the world to go through. God's will, will be done. I just pray that his will, will be for her to survive.

My thoughts and prayers are with her,I too have a young daughter and it would just kill me to not have her around.

Benny

Keep the faith and keep the prayers comming, kids are tougher and more resilient then we sometimes give them credit
for.

Her spirit and her family will give her strength and the doctors will do everything they can...again, keep the faith.

our thoughts are with Kristy & her family, that she is well soon.
Our daughter is 16, I cannot imagine ....

Don

[This message has been edited by Angler Don (edited 09-15-2004).]

god speed!! i have a daughter and without her i would not have a beautiful grandson!!
i can't imagine there pain. they are in our prayers!!

------------------
Dwight Skillings
dlskills@mchsi dot com

Here's an update on Kristy's condition, but first I want to thank each and every one for your thoughts and prayers. Yesterday was the biggest hurdle. She had a crushed pelvis, crushed lung, spleen removed, tear in her aorta repaired, and swelling in her brain drained. She made it through the night and today the swelling finally started going down. Tests have shown that she also suffered a small stroke. Other tests show that her spine is OK and the scan from her neck down show no other signs of broken bones. She is stable right now and is day to day from here. Your prayers are very comforting and I will share them with Kristy's family and friends. Thank you all very very much. I'll try and update her condition when I can.

Faithfully,

Corey Bechtold

Corey, Is she breathing on her own, or on a vent.? Is she concious, sedated...? It sounds like she is one tough kid! Kids are amazingly resilient. God bless her and her family.