• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

monarch boats

I'm looking at a used 19' monarch with a 125 merc. it's a 99 with a bunk trailor and walk through windsheild.
could someone give me an opinion on these boats. Are they comparable to lund and crestliners
thanks

StarCraft makes them,they are all welded like the Crestliners. They sell them were I bought my new boat and they say they like them. Plus on a 99 the price should be right vers a new Lund or Crestliner.

Maybe Dennis Steele will see this, he owns one.
From what I have seen, for the money, they are pretty nice boats and you cant beat a welded hull.

I bought a 2001 King 17 DC new.
Its a nice boat and I have had no problems with it.I think the hull is sound as I have beaten the thing in some heavy water and she is holding up nicley.Not as many bells and whistles as the big brand boats but a good boat none the less.

Dennis, what motor did put on your boat. I have a new Smokercraft with a 115 4 stroke. But it sits so far down in the back it makes a rough ride. The place I bought it from wants me to upgrade to a biger boat like the 17 king. Any thoughts would be great..

Thanks, Brian

Looks like the place you baught it from wants to sell you a boat too. smile.gif

I have a 2 stroke 90 Merc.I get just over 35 mph.I'm Ok with the performance but she is no speed demon.(I get my thrills from driving my River Pro. smile.gif)
A 115 would suit that boat well.Max HP is 130 I believe.