• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Rapala?

Anyone seen the new rapala in person or with a color pic? saw a brief mention of it in the latest Outdoor News.

I bought 2 of them last week. I am going to give them a whirl on Saturday.

It's about time they came out with a crankbait that will dive 30'. I hope it does what they say smile.gif.

------------------
The Doctor is in.............Everybody stand back!!!

I.B.O.T. # 144
Boundry Waters Chapter

If I am not mistaken I believe they are called the DT series... DT = Dive To (depth)

I have two of them, I believe the DT12 & DT7, caught only a bullhead trolling in 15 feet of water.

Not used it much but might this weekend on some of the deep pockets on Clearwater.

------------------
------------------
GET-ER-DONE

Yeah, my buddy has a couple of the new ones he got as a field tester. He has caught alot of fish on the jointed rap that is painted as a baby northern. I will be buying a couple of those for sure.

I'm plenty happy with the old rapalas...But I do need a new Rapala Hat soon! My new old one is falling apart. Those normark/rapala patches are hard to come by.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Guys - The new Rapala is the X-Rap which was code named "Project X". You can see it on their Web site. The comments about slashing are correct. It is a slashbait.

New for 05 are also at DT 4, various Glass Fat Raps, smaller CountDowns, the Deep Tail Dancer and a new NilsMasterish looking Jigging Rap for winter.

Most of the hype and speculation has been around the X-Rap.

It is the Tail Dancer, I picked up a perch colored one on Wednesday night at Tutts Bait in Garrison.
I tried it in 25-35' of water and we could feel it tapping bottom at about 30'.
We only picked up one 19" northern in the 45 minutes that we tried it.
I think it could be deadly, can't wait to try it again.
Thanks for the tip Toad.

[This message has been edited by krats (edited 08-19-2004).]

Awe man, I need some of these for this weekend, I didn't realize they would dive that deep....

The deep diver you refer to might be the new large billed Tail Dancer. Purported to dive 30 feet plus.

Normark will also be unveiling a new Jigging Shad Rap for the ice season. The prototypes I've got look similar to the Nilsmaster Jigging Shads, but they're constructed of a hard plastic, rather than lead. Makes for a slower, wider flutter. Really looking forward to seeing how walleyes react to this bait.

-a friend,
Cory Schmidt

Their New Slash-bait will also be a very good addition. I know the Lindner boys have been talking them up for a few months during their testing of them. I'm hoping to get my hands on a couple of Al's used ones.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z

Yes, Toad, They are the Deep Tail Dancer.

They will be available in 10 colors, some of them brand new. You'll LOVE em Toad, makes my mouth drool when I see some of the colors.

Also, Rapala will be introducing the new X-Rap. It is a slashing style bait mainly for salt water use but it should have some freshwater applications as well. In fact, there will be 12 saltwater versions and 12 freshwater versions available.

Aaaarrrgh...JP!!..ya beat me to it!! grin.gif

[This message has been edited by Tom Herman (edited 08-19-2004).]