• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i am getting activated

canvasback kid

Tumbleweed, I was in turkey with the 4/7 ADA. Protecting the airbase in Incirlik. Making sure those scuds and enemy aircraft didn't come near the airbase. Are unit was station out of Germany, south of Frankfurt along the Rhine river.

Canvasback,
From a fellow combat vet I salute you. I went to Iraq in June of 2003 and just returned home here in May of '04. Depending on where you are there is internet centers and phone centers set up pretty much at every base. Good luck on your journey and stay safe

Jeremy Hinton
Elk River, MN

Thank you for your service and stay safe.

If you are concerned about your bills, look into the Sailors and Soldiers Act. You will not be the only one concerned so don't be embarassed to ask about it.

Your CO will probably tell you about it but it may offer some relief and lower interest rates on your bills. Was 6% on autos and other debts for the period you are serving, I am not sure where it is today. With todays rates, your interest rates may be that low already. May also give a stay on foreclosure or other negative actions. I think it applies only to reservists, not full time military.

I was involved in lending in Iraq 1 and I remember working with a number of families to set them up with this assistance.

Wasssit, That would be Darmstadt?? Been
there many times if so. There was another
around Mannheim too. Anyways, cool.....

I certainly can relate to what your thoughts and feelings are..canvasback....i was drafted into the marines back in 69'(nam' thing)....kind of a "sweet/sour" thing....you want to fullfill your obligation but have the fear of the unknown lurking also in the background...you'll do fine...the days pass....as the weeks and months...looking back on those years i spent "in the nam"...i learned and saw alot....part of the learning experience in my future life...it made me a better person...will be looking for your future return...and you take care...jonny

Good Luck & Godspeed!

Thanks for your service for the best country in the world! It is people like you that keep it that way!

cb k, As a 1950's vet. I am so proud of you and all who are willing to protect us and our country. Keep safe and alert. Psalm 91

Thanks so much for your service to our wonderful contry!

Take care, and come home safe and soon!

CBK

Kid keep your head down.... I know the feeling that you are going through right now I am a 15 year vet (7 active, 8 in the guard) I now it sounds stupid but I have been trying to find a way to go but have been unsuccessful thus far...I was there the first time in 90-91... and have a feeling of not accomplishing this mission then....

Anyway....
THANK YOU for answering the call and helping to ensure that we as Americians can continue to enjoy the things that makes this country great....

SFC MATHWIG

------------------
If it was so easy to catch fish.... they'd call it catching and not fishing

[This message has been edited by BMAT43 (edited 08-24-2004).]

CBK
Thank you for your willingness to protect us here at home. Good luck and God be with you.
I would also like to thank anybody that has ever served our country.
Snowgoose

Kid, Thank you for your service and God Bless you. I turned 20 years old on a ship going to Nam. I was in Vietnam from 1967 to 1968 on 105 artillery gun, fired 1 million rounds in six months. we didnt get much of a welcome back home back then, but the State of MN. gave all Vietnam Vets $1,000. for our service. In this conflict you have alot of support me for one keep in touch be safe be alert. Bob A.

Canvasback, My tour in the Green Dream was a long time ago, I ETS'ed in '79. God Speed on your journey. Keep your head down and CYA. We will do our best to keep home safe for you to return to. Keep us updated if you get the chance.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your service its guys like you that keep us safe and free may god bring you back safe and healthy. (Then may your livewell always be full.)

Kidd
Thanks for your service. May God watch over you and all soldiers as you protect our freedoms.

Take Care.

well the kid is well on his way to fulfill his obligation, training in florida and then in mississippi. he still does not know any specifics on what he will be doing or for how long. i will post from time to time as this unfolds. i tell you one thing for sure....you just always expect your number one go-to-guy to be around and then one day he's gone. it's tough. we have been fishing and hunting together for almost half our lives. we have grown up together and seen alot. hopefully we can get back to wetting a line sooner than later. it's gonna be a long fall with an empty seat in the boat.

thanks for all of the supportive posts, i know he really appriciates it.

it is men like the can-kid who our willing to set aside thier own lives to protect ours that make this country great.

thanks buddy - joshb

I'd also like to extend my gratitude to Canvasback Kid and all the guys and gals who are doing this for us.

As a 21 year old, posts like this always make me reevaluate my choices and my plans for life... as was said before, I have a hard time convincing myself that I deserve what I have, never having had to work for it.

Thank you, profoundly.

Highest regards,

Tom aka Royalwolf