• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A prayer for a fisherman

fishbones

Alot of you may have heard on the news about 1 1/2 weeks ago about a 13 yo boy that drown while fishing from shore on lake mitchell. I met this boy back on 06/16 when i had a day off of work. the spot is a steep sandy shore line with a concrete culvert, and i've fished there for many years. about 1 1/2 weeks ago Apparently this boy, named chad was going out into the water to reteive one of his lures from the weeds and got tangled up. The water does drop fairly fast 10 to 15 ft out from shore. When i was out there last sunday fishing in my boat the weeds looked real thick where he went down. Before this tragedy, chad fished there probably everyday or darn near. On june 16 i had to leave by noon and he had just gotten there and did'nt have any live bait, so we built this reservoir in the sand so he could keep the minnows, and i gave him an almost full container of crawlers, man that made his day. Lets all say a prayer for this little fisherman. thanks

FB, I live across the street from the lake and fish it some. My kid and his freinds fish it from shore alot too, like Chad. They where aquainteces. I do pray for his family, and all the kids that fish the lakes. Keep them Safe!

Our family will also have Chad In our prayers this Sunday.We all should!

Stiff,that was perfect.
God bless Chad and his family.

------------------
Greg

I got tears in my eyes. I just love to see kids fishing and am saddened when tragedy strikes one of them. It shouldn't happen.
My prayers go out to Chad and his family.

mm

This is SAD! They are in our prayers as well. I love seeing kids fishing and if they dont have bait Ill give them mine.

Thats a sad deal. Always tell your kids you love them all the time. Even if they think your nerdy. God bless this kids family.

God grant that I may live to fish

For another shining day,

But when my final cast is made

I then most humbly pray,

When nestled in your landing net

As I lay peacefully asleep,

You'll smile at me and judge

That I'm "good enough to keep."

.....and Chad too...