• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So did it ice completely over yet?

Grabs

All right guys,...let me hear it,..I wanna hear, "Yes, it was calm and cold enough last night and the entire lake iced over." I also I wanna hear that I will have walkable ice near Andersen's Reef for this weekend,...do I hear it?

Hey, I hope that no body asks if we will be driving on mille lacs soon or if it is froze over yet, come on common sense people it has been above what temp for how long, then throw in the wind, and look how big that lake is. Hopefully it will cool off like they say!?!?! However I did go out on cove bay today from 2pm to 9 pm. Pulled up some perch, but noth'n to talk about. Only went out about 150yds had a good 5+ inches of ice drilled a hole out for a tip-up about 200yds out and there was 4+ inches. There was smooth ice out to that point and there was a ton on backed up rough chunks of ice past that. Anyone know how any on the other smaller bays or area lakes are looking?

I hear ya Grabs....or at least I'd like to hear the same thing. Perfectly calm and around 20 degrees. Hopefully it gets colder by the morning. I also hear ya Trout, but if tomorrow doesn't get too windy, tomorrow night can start building some ice below what is forming tonight. Good to hear you made it on and off the ice safely. Small lakes should be able to freeze over completely tonight. Hopefully they do......

Just got back from there. It had a nice skim of ice over most of the lake. I really hpoe that the wind we have today will blow all the ice off. With the snow we are going to get it would make terrible ice conditions for the year. Blow wind blow!
ffm

How bout lets keep the ice and hope for little or no snow. I don't believe weather forcasts anymore.