• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

opinions on which is better?

just to critique not critizied cause everyone has their own opinions, but I just wondering (bored really) does anyone have any particular thought on the local outdoors writers for the Mpls Star or Pioneer press,
personally I get the press and ocassionaly get to see the star at work,I kinda find they both can be lacking most of the time, maybe it's because I can out what I need/want to know from most of the
forums here,

Hulk

Both staffs do a pretty good job, considering the amount of newspaper space they have to work with. They're on top of the hot-button issues.

If you want variety, check out Sam Cook at the Duluth News-Tribune and Brad Dokken at the Grand Forks Herald.

I don't see the Pioneer Press too often, but do read the Star Trib daily. Personally I find 95% of the articles non-informative. Maybe because it is designed for the "rookie" (i.e. weekend warrior) who is only looking for the lake of the week, and not for most "seasoned" fisherman.

I'd like to see the back page devoted only to fishing/hunting every day. Plus incorporate articles from guides or pros in the State. I may be wrong but aren't fishing/hunting considered MAJOR sports in MN? My 2 cents any how...

At least we have FishingMN!!! grin.gif

------------------
Tonka Boy

I would just as soon the "weekend warriors" did not get any more info than they are getting already.

Serious Minnesota outdoorsmen get Outdoor News.
Of couse if you're serious enough to be a FishingMN member, you probably already know that.

i enjoy most things written by Ron Schara. he is informative and tells a good story that is fun to read.