• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Eggers Spinner announced on the Fish-N Line Radio show

John Eggers... if you know him... you gotta love the guy! John just loves to "talk your leg off" about fishing... and John Eggers is a real trout catching machine!
47b4d938b3127cceb2d6e448a5bf0000001610

47b4d938b3127cceb2d6e5dce5b30000001610

(read John's latest fishing report here: http://fishi ngminnesota.com/cgi-bin/forums/postings.cgi?action=editpost&forum=Trout&number=38&topic=000318.cgi&ReplyNum=000000&TopicSubject=Eggers+Colorado+report )

I had John on my Owatonna Today monthly cable TV program some five years ago to premier his spinners. From then to now John has never stopped "WOW-ing" me with product developement!
John's Bow Series spinners have evolved into a "mainstay" for not only in my tackle box but also have become the #1 fastest sellers in many tackle shops.

They simply catch fish and do so better that you'ld ever dream.

I got "schooled" when I first went to the Root River with him and took over 50 trout in a five hour day using his Super Bow Spinners... with him taking over 70 trout standing beside me. Lotta fish have fallen to these "no frills" spinners. Granted... there is no fur or a lotta fancy paint on his Bow Series Spinners, but perhaps that is a reason they do so very well.
I think it is the hammered blades and the shinning/reflective BALLS he uses in making the body. Anyway... they ROCK!
John has schooled many of the FM-ers here on his spinners and done a Hot Bites Video with Rick. All of "us" who have fished with John and used his spinners KNOW they catch fish!

I was set back and dumb-founded when John first showed me his Monster Bow prototype. I looked at it and said to myself... "this looks kinda cheap looking" with the conventional mylar "ice sickles" Xmas tree tensil hanging from the hook.
I wanted to say to John that it likely "would not fly"!
Well the Monster Bow did fly!
It flew out of my tackle box and landed me six pike in seven casts, first time out! Turns out the tensil streamlines and wiggles wildly in the water... like no other material, and is very durable. It has flash like no other materials, and does not add lift to the spinner, as does fur. John's Monster Bow is NOW my go to lure for Northerns. This big spinner is a BIG Pike killer!
47b4db27b3127ccebe4ecdda3b140000001610

So... the one day last June, John and I go to Francis to do the SM LETS pre fish deal and he gives me a prototype of his new "Long Bow" Spinner.
This spiner is like NOTHING I have ever seen... and was made with the same mylar ice sickle for a tail. But... looked again like "it would not fly"!
Hey, I am sold... it flys!
On the last three trips I have made with John, the Long Bow caught an eight lb Pike for John in six feet of water over weeds, a three lb Walleye in 15 feet of water near weeds. And more fish than any lure thrown in my boat combined! No biggie, except... it took the biggest fish caught each trip!
After using the Long Bow in only three trips, I now like it better than the Super Bow, Big Bow, and Monster Bow spinners.

I am going to have John on the Fish-N Line radio show this Thursday to detail all aspects of the new Long Bow.
John will be Guide of the Week on this Thursday's Fish-N Line Radio show and will be giving a FREE full day fishing trip to a lucky caller on the July 29th show.
Remember to call-in and leave your address on both shows as John will be giving some of these new Long Bows out FREE at random to lucky Fish-N Line Radio listeners that have called-in. KYMN's toll free # is 1-800-374-5966, call between 9:05 and 10:00am Minnesota time.

John Egger's Long Bow spinner is not your "normal" weight forward inline spinner rig. To my knowledge, it is the world's first vertical/fishable inline spinner.
The Long Bow rides up high, with the blade spinning on a retrieve and falls with the blade spinning instantly... it has instant up-spin, and falling spin... the blade never stops spinning.
The HUGE thing is that it will not foul even when jigged vertical! Yep, it looks a bit "goofy" and very un-conventional... but the design unique and is such that it will not foul. The extended tie-wire is excellent to protect from dredded Pike bite-off! The design allows for lift on a heavy frame which lets you fish over pockets of weeds and then drop into them.
You may ice fish this spinner!!!
It trolls with unique action as you pull/rip the rod forward. Any hesitation on a forward retreve makes the lure begin to fall and the blade begin to spin on the way down.

I expect John to post some pictures of the new Long Bow here on FM and do a more technical explanation on the mechanics of the Long Bow.
Here are pix of the prototypes that John gave Richard Smith to test...
47b4d901b3127cceb2c330ce403a0000001610
This black looks very Leech-like in the water!

47b4d901b3127cceb2cca538e1f90000001610
I like the purple... and the additon of a piece of Bio-Bait adds flavor and boyancy to the hook end causing a lift and added movement to the hook end.

You may want to listen to the Fish-N Line show too and perhaps call-in with questions for John. They will be available on www.catch-n.com SOON!
See John's Bow Series Spinners at:
http://www.catch-n.com/spinners.html

Eggers Long Bows will change the way you fish spinners... the lure is revolutionary in design.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 07-21-2004).]

John's spinners are the real deal! John has spent a lot of time on the water chasing trout, and he has fine tuned these bad boys, and they are sweet! These spinners are one-of-a-kind and they catch fish, no doubt about it.

I spent a weekend with with John earlier this year down on some of his trout waters, and we tossed several different styles of his spinners, and all of them caught fish. Brown trout, Rainbow trout and smallmouth bass to name a few. I've also used these spinners for pike, largemouth bass and white bass. I'm hooked! smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

FM Family,
Here is a photo of the new Long Bow spinners. Notice the new keel shaped head, stick-on eyes, and streamer tails.
47b4d901b3127cceb2f4542d20320000001610
Four colors available:
Purple with gold blade,
Chartruse with gold blade,
Glow in the dark Hot Pink with silver blade,
Black with copper blade.

Beaded spinner bodies glow in the dark for low light visibility. Split ring hook attachment enables changing from streamer type treble to your favorite type of worm or trailer rig.

These are available from Catch-N Tackle by order on email ONLY right now.
They will retail in stores for about $6.50 each.
You will be able to get three of the same color in a kit for $15.00 through Catch-N Tackle. Orders over $25.00 get FREE shipping.
Contact Dave Hoggard:
[email protected]

Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 07-20-2004).]

Thanks Guys, I'm posting the info now.
I think it folls the bill!