• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Ol' Lady does it again.

Never fails, I talk the Mrs. into going fishing, and she hooks into a trophy.

I was feeling pretty good about catching and releasing a 26" walleye in the Grand Rapids area Saturday night.

On Sunday, we stop at a buddies cabin in the Crosslake area, thought we'd have a few beers and soak some leeches for the afternoon. I wasn't expecting much at 2:30 p.m., I mean there are jet-skis and tubers ripping up the lake, we hadn't even had a nibble in two hours. "My bobbers gone!", she says. No coaching needed, although this is her first time out this year, she reeled up the slack and set the hook like a pro. The drag was zinging and we all said northern, then we caught a glance of the fish. "IT'S A BIG WALLEYE!!!"

Great, no net. We joked as we left the dock earlier that if we don't bring the net we would hook into something big. After a few anxious moments, we hand landed the walleye on the second attempt. A very healthy 29" walleye that probably weighed near ten pounds was now in hand. For the lake we were on, it was indeed a trophy. I asked her if she wanted to get it mounted, "Nope, let it go." So after a few quick pictures, we were all happy to see her swim off with vigor towards the bottom.

Great, not only has she got me beat in the ice walleye category, she now has me beat in open water! It's a given, whenever you bring the ladies along, the guys chance of catching biggest fish is nil.

congrats! great fish... did you get a digital photo that you could post? that would be a great photo for the braggin' board!

OK Duffman, where's the pix??

We'll need to schedule another "meeting" at main street as I haven't seen youse guys in quite a while.

Hope all's well

Jeff

MNice.....
Hey Jeff!
Funny thing was, I told her if I had caught it it would have been 1 hr photo time, but she's going to have to wait. I still have 17 pictures left in that disposable camera, looks like I'm going to have to catch a few photo worthy fish myself before we see that walleye in print. LOL

I've made the guys at work wait five to six months before they saw thier biggest bass or pike in a photo. That's just the price you have to pay when you use Duffmans Guide Service. grin.gif

Yep, it's time for a problem solving meeting, I'll see if the gang is interested.

Good for her!!! Sounds like a wonderful fish and what fun she must have had catching it. Tell her Great job.

Vickie

You can't underestimate the value of getting the gals involved. Those who take part get a whole new appreciation for where we go and why. My brother's wife got her first walleye this weekend, a 19 incher. She told us that now she understands.

Having my wife outfish me is one of the best things that can happen. She enjoys it and it means we get to go fishing more often. Nothing wrong with that grin.gif

The biggest walleye ever caught from my boat is a fat 29 incher she caught on Mille Lacs. Snapped a few photos and let it go, with quite a crowd of boats watching, which was a lot of fun cool.gif

It's a regular occurance...it goes without saying....if you bring your babe, she is going to outfish you, somehow, some way!

You can use all the savvy you have at your disposal and she will do something like put a piece of lunch meat on a #10 hook and catch a 20 pound Northern!

Weither the line is going out, or comming in, she will continue to crank on it and once the fish is landed and off the hook the line will get all snarled up and when you are trying to untangle it, she will be using your outfit and catch another! It's the way it is!

Yes, Duffman that was quite a fish!! and I was very happy to be along when that dandy was boated. Must have something to do with that 4th of July weekend! You'll have to get that film developed because I am anxious to post it on the wall " History of the Big Ones "

Problem solving meeting, I'm in!!

Bushwac....
Excellent job of hand landing that 'eye sir, the Mrs and I thank you!

Maybe we should bring her along and chase Muskies next 4th of July. grin.gif

A little history-- Two years ago on the 4th of July, Bushwac, I and the Mrs decide to troll for Lake Trout in the middle of a hot afternoon in the Grand Rapids area. Just like Sunday, wasn't expecting much, BAM! 13lb. Laker.

Way to go! That is always fun when something like that happnes. Yes, it's the same for me when I take my wife fishing. I have a set-up all ready to go and we get out and she wants something else on her line. I'm done trying to talk her out of it, I just open up my tackle box and let her pick what she wants on and put it on for her. Sure enough she will not only outfish me 2 or 3 to 1 but will catch the biggest one. It is fun but now she likes to tell all the guys what she caught and what I did not. Oh Yeah! Lots of fun!!

------------------
Get the Net!!

DUFFMAN
Brett tell the gal goot goin, I feel your pain...I've got Puffy to deal with. Problem solving meeting? I'm in.