• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Garrison report

Just thought I would drop a line and fill you in on my findings up in the Garrison area for the past week. This area has been seeing considerable fishing pressure as of lately but the fish are not feeling it though. If you are looking for some fast action. check it out. From Pike point to up past the SuperAmerica (SA) has been one hot trolling bite for fish from 18-26" fish. In the past week, we have seen many 50-75 fish nights including one 80+ fish night. Fishing depths from 7-11 ft of water. Some nights the bite is on in the weeds and others are on just south of the weeds into the sand/gravel areas. The "Super" Rogues (suspending) have been my nod for over a month. These baits in the black/silver or orange/black have produced almost all the fish. Like Isaid earlier though. We have been having to go elsewhere for our larger fish. Big Point and Doe Island area has kicked out some nice 27"+ fish for the last week for us, including a fat 29".
One key note...... Don't be afraid to run these baits high in the water column even over 12 ft of water. They will come up and hit a minnow looking silouette. Alot of our fish have been coming with less than 40 ft of line out with the rogues.
I will be out tommorrow night for the last night of pulling up here this year and then off to the rivers.

Good Luck to all.

Rick

Thanks for the great Report DeeZee!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• FishandFowl
      Have not been here in sometime. Thought this would be a good opportunity to get back on here. Got out for the C season, arriving just before sunrise  and the birds were already on the ground. Started with an aggressive calling sequence "Purr into a loud Yelp" there were birds North and West of my location responding. This guy decided to take a look about 30 minutes later. He got within 5 feet of my blind full strut. Something I have never heard before he started to hiss at the decoy.  Not a great shot at that range but sealed the deal.   
    • Wakemup
      Very nice! I was kicking myself real hard this weekend for forgetting my fish finder at home. I did manage to bring this smallie in, but they were tough to pattern for me and this was the only noteworthy fish of the weekend. Hope the water temps come up and I can get back next weekend!
    • Wakemup
      Nice boat Raven! I think I saw you out buzzing around in Wakemup this weekend!
    • Borch
      I got out on the Cass Lake chain this weekend with a group of 10.  We found walleyes still hanging out shallow and scattered.   Jigging with shiners or gulp in 4-10 fow got several walleyes in the livewell.  With the heavy wind we also had a good daytime crank bite.  In the evening trolling cranks was productive as well.  Saturday morning I stuck a 43" musky trolling for eyes. Not a great photo but I was fishing by myself and wanted to get it released quickly. Panfish were hard to pin down with them bouncing shallow and then disappearing with each weather change.  With wind gusting to 25+ miles per hour finesse presentations were difficult. Water temps ranged from 53-60 degrees.
    • Knowknot
      I have to agree, always enjoy your videos Curt. Fun to see what is happening even from the southern part of the state...Keep em coming...
    • CigarGuy
      Chad, was that on the West end?  My turn to follow you around 😀. I'll be back up Thursday night!!
    • TomWehler
      Swim 9 am this morning.  No idea on temp but Major Shrinkage.  Coolimoolio! keep on rocken!   T  
    • pikeandchester
      Spent a couple hours on German. Slow fishing, just a couple small sunnies, the boy and I where happy to be out though.  Water temperature ranged from mid 60s to mid 70s. No fresh vegetation and dirty water. Must still be running a bit behind despite the warm weather.
    • Raven77
      Got to get the first fish guts on it yesterday!
    • Raven77
      Interesting. So the sows are still in shallow? We fished 10-24' the past 3 days and have done well with a lot of 14-18" eyes using Lindy rigs and rainbows.