• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Anyone fishing week of 10/28 - 11/3?

Reports were good last night. Fish the shoreline rocks or garrison reef with crankbaits. Longline with floating rapalas.

Xplorer

D-Man,
Thinking of hitting the lake for the first time on friday, coming from duluth area. Would like to spend the day learning an area/plotting GPS points so I can catch the first part of the night bite. Would you recommend going out of Malmo or down by Mac's for a first-timer? Do not want to bite off more than I can chew for 1 day. Looks like the wind should die down by friday anyway (predicted 30-40 tomorrow day)
Thanks for any tips you can pass on.
Xplorer

xplorer/ The sand in Malmo has been good the past few nights from what my partner has said. The sand can also put out a great day bite on leeches if you can still find some. But if you get a strong west wind tommorow like they are saying you might do very well out of Macs fishing the shoreline rocks and humps like Flamingo. Without actually fishing those area's myself in awhile, I would suggest stopping at fisher's and talking to those guy's to see what has been going. Then head south and stop in at Mac's and get some info. If it were me i guess i would hit that east shoreline out of Mac's if we get that wind tomorow. I would also call Mac's tomorow and ask if the wind is blowing in or another resort that is on that east shoreline. Start with cranks working the 8-10 depths at sundown. As the night goes on have a few rods ready with floating raps and get into the 4-6 foot shorline area with an electric if you have one,let out lots of line. Last weekend we caught fish a stones throw from shore, so dont be shy to get close. The bite does get better the later it gets this time of year so dont get discouraged right away. Another tip,there is a feeder creek(cedar creek) next to the cedar creek public access that puts out some monsters trolling in front of the mouth if the main lake is too windy fri night. Let me know how you do or where you ended up. iam headed back up Fri as well. Good Luck to ya

[This message has been edited by D-man (edited 10-31-2001).]

Bob O

I'm hoping to pull some crankbaits in the Garrison area on Fri or Sat evening. Anyone have some results or suggestions for location, lures, time period, depth, etc?
Thanks.

Xplorer

D-man,
Thanks for the quick reply. Watching the weather today, winds only around 15 sw and only predicting 5-10 for tomorrow. Really hoping to be able to get off work tomorrow. I've got my last 1/4 lb of leeches left that need to be abused so I may try to hit the sand for the morning and then pull and head down towards cedar creek landing and spend the afternoon trolling and marking gps runs for after dark. Will try running a planer board up shallow with raps and the elecric. Have you ever tried trolling with lil' rippers up shallow? I used them on the St Louis river this spring with good success over 4-5' gravel bars, might be too small a bait for this time of year tho.

Gotta go, I think I'm starting to feel kinda sick, ya that its, not well at all!!
Will let you know how i do if I get to go.
Thanks for the help and good luck out there this weekend.
Xplorer

Rick

If you're going by Cedar don't forget to get on Big Point in 8'-10' of water and troll shad raps, #11 raps(for 8') or #18 raps (for 10'). 3 mile reef and The reef that runs north off Hennepin are prime for big pigs as well. I troll #11 raps on the edges of the 3' to 6' reef and #18 raps in the 10' rocks off the reef on the west side of it when the reef trollers get too thick.

You're on the edge of prime time for full moon fishing the above spots, which in my calculations starts to end on the 3rd.

Let us know how it goes.