• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

"Doctor, Doctor, Is there a Doctor in the house?"

98prosport

Now that we have your attention, please reply to the following survey.
a.) Only the dealership will service my vehicle.
b.) The "quicklube centers" are the BEST!
c.) My favorite mechanic down the street takes care of ALL my auto needs.
d.) What? I am the only one that lays a finger on my vehicle.I do my own!
Please add comments to your choice....

c&d

BTW fubar just wondering why that your user name I played softball for team fubar told grams it meant fun until backs are ruined but really was ****** up beyond all repair?

GRIZ

Mostly C, and some D when I dont have time. I don't trust most dealers to have good diesel mechanics.

B) I just don't have the time to be messing around with an oil change.Besides I don't want any grease or oil on my hands.The fish can smell it.Thats my excuse anyway. smile.gif

C)When something goes wrong it goes up to ASI in Crystal where my brother works.A mechanic I can trust.I get to drive a loaner for free...one of his trucks! smile.gif

mostly D) Nobody is changing my oil except myself! Last time the dealer did it when it was getting repaired, I couldn't get the drain plug out! Shocks, brakes, gear oil, batteries, alternators, fan belts, coolant will all be done by myself.

unfortunately A) Don't know squat about computer related stuff in my GMC. Dealer has been getting that stuff. The Sierra has also seen $5,000 in extended warranty work covering ABS computer, fuel pump & fuel pressure regulator, a few sensors and some other things.

D.) I own a Ford. Just regular maintanance. grin.gif

j/k, I'd say C too when things get too hairy.

I'd have to say a mix of everything. I did most of the work my self until I got the 2000 GMC, now some is beyond my 400 cubic inch and turbo 350 brain. OH ya when I'm lazy Im' no longer going to the quick lube joints...I can get it done cheaper at the dealer.

I don't believe in vehicles, they just pollute the world we live in! I'm getting a Vespa. Just kidding! I usually do most of the maintenance myself. To be honest though, if it weren't so darn expesnsive I'd rather someone else do it. Half the time I end up with bloody knuckles, two or three trips to the local tool/parts store getting some "special tool," and it ends up taking me five times as long as a shop would. But then again it doesn't hurt to learn something new, by doing it yourself.

(D.) and (B.) for most oil changes, unless I already have something tore apart.

[This message has been edited by SCCO9803 (edited 05-13-2004).]

D, and A for what I don't have the equipment to do. (Kind of tough to justify the test equipment for my personal garage)

------------------
It still beats workin'

B) for oil changes.

E) (don't know) for repairs, I've put almost 100,000 miles on my Chevy and nothing has broken or needed any service.

psegriz

******ed up beyond all recognition is the way it goes. Some friends would say this about my mind smile.gif

[This message has been edited by fubar (edited 05-13-2004).]

I go with D, and the 285,000 miles on my Blazer go with D too. wink.gif
><>deadeye

Thanks for the info. I have been offered a job managing a quick lube center, Kind of wondering why biz is slow.
My take on this is that TRUST is the no.1.
You take trust out of the equation and you have problems.
I plan on going into this with the attitude that the customer wants service, service they shall get. Service with a smile from a trustworthy mechanic.
I carry a picture of Jesus in my back pocket. If I have any doubt about what I am doing, it's simple. He is always watching over me.

[This message has been edited by 98prosport (edited 05-15-2004).]

all real fishermen should pick "b" it leaves the most time for .....fishing...lol