• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

(next big topic) What do you collect?

Woman's phone numbers!

------------------
Run, Run, as fast as you can! You can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man!

I have a few dozen old ambassadeur and Record baitcasters. Some old Abu-matics, including some fairly rare lefties. A few early Cardinals. Older CCBC lures are something I'm always on the lookout for. A couple more rare colored Heddon Sonics and I'll be sporting a complete set. Old fish figurines/statue type thingy's I look for too.

Garage/yard sale season is in full swing so I'm sure I'll find a goodie here and there, to either hang onto or sell for the big bucks on ebay!!!

fiskyknut

Oddly enough...different Operating Systems.

Linux distributions, versions of Windows...etc etc.

I have a slowly expanding firearms collection habit that I picked up from my dad. Almost time for another gun safe.

Old lures, both of my grandfathers passed away and I got all of their gear.

Duck and Goose calls. Just last week I told my wife that I collect duck and goose calls. It was my response when she asked what in the world I need 30 duck calls for. It would be hard for her to argue when she has 40+ purses and like 100 pairs of shoes.

Antique Duck Decoys and shell boxes.

And don't laugh, but I also have an extensive collection of G.I. Joes, the 12" kind not the dumb ones that are out there now....and yes, I do have one with the kung-fu grip!!

Any baitcast reels and steel rods (more than 20/less than 50). Budweiser steins (more than 50/less than 100). "Classic/Vintage" Mac computers (several all working). Books, lots of books.

Tom, that sounds cool!

I collect tin signs specific to hunting and fishing.

- Cigars. When my friends travel, I always ask that they bring one back for me.

- Used to collect coins. Mostly silver. Have not done that in a while though.

Oh ya coins, forgot about those. I have a bunch of silver halves and dollars from the late 1800's and early 1900's. 2 gold coins from the 1800's too. Some paper silver certificates. I also have a 1812 half penny and am curious as to the value of this thing. I know what the value of some of the silver coins are worth. Anyone know a site where a guy might find values of this 1812 half penny?

fiskyknut

I would guess 10,000 + Baseball cards. All the stars plus old ones. Have not gone through them for around 10 years. No clue what is in there any more. I would bet easily $10,000 worth.

20-30 old nut crackers from my god mother for x-mas. (Usually had $50 - $100 in each of them)

I've got Hard Rock cafe hats from Minneapolis, Memphis, St. Louis, Kuala Lumpur, Sydney, Orlando, and a few others I don't remember off the top of my head.

Snowmobiles.

Not a very big collection yet but I'm working on it. Need to find some more room. Start with my main sled 2002 Arctic Cat ZR600 EFI. Will be adding another cat to the collection in a month or so- 1992 EXT Special (thats the one that had the Prowler chassis with the purple & pink flames on the hood). Got 2 Sno-Jets, a 72 StarJet and a 73 StarJet. Just got the 73 running, can't wait to get it on the snow. Also have a whole bunch of old SnoJet magazine ads, patches, brochures, etc.

Sometime down the road I hope to add a 75 Arctic Cat El Tigre 'Z', a 77 'Z', and of course the '71 & '72 EXTs, and maybe even an early 634 Montana-piped Panther.

Science fiction collectibles. HAH!
God lyk!
KvayaBN

I used to collect vinyl records (33LPs) from late '60s to late '80s, and with a strong interest for the '70s.
Family nickname sometimes is "Disco Val"....he, he... grin.gifgrin.gif

I stopped due to too much work, but I have I guess about 1,000 records scattered around.
Now with MP3s is a click of a button.

------------------
Val Vignati

www.kvesurplus.com
[email protected]

WHAT DO I COLLECT?!!! Dern near everything!! You should see my garage. shocked.gif There's crap everywhere!! shocked.gif I'm actually trying to un-collect things!! I keep telling myself.... less is more...less is more....

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

Fiskyknut
I checked my coin book and they don't list a 1812 half cent , an 1811 would buy you some nice fishing gear though . you might have a "token" those also have value . check the date , if you like e-mail me a decription front and back and general condition and I can check into it.
[email protected]
and definately never sell to a dealer

Basketball cards and memorabila of the T-Wolves and KG.
I also collect some old lures and fishing tackle.

Thats about all I have.

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!

i have a ton of basketball cards. and according to the wife i collect guns. who would have thought 13 guns constitutes a collection!! lol

------------------
a bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work

Beer Cans....The kind you drink out of!Its a dynamic collection.

I have a shot glass/glass collection.
A bunch of old and strange fishing paraphenalia,icluding some really weird lures,pole,reels,and nets.

Tom.
I burned,blew up and smashed so many GI Joes and accessories when I was a kid it would bring a tear to your eye.

For the coin guys wanting to know what their coins are worth - www.pcgs.com. Look to the left at the Daily Price Guide section. Not anything against coin shops but... If anyone ever wants to sell their coins, do it on Ebay. You will get 50% more (or more)for the coins than a dealer will give you. I sold a 1904 encased cent- one penny - for $69.00 a couple of weeks ago. A dealer offered me $10.

Absolutely nothing!

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods