• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whats yer job??

John Mickish

Hey guys, we only have a few more days to kill before we are all going to be to busy to write in here so I thought this might help. We already had a thread to find out everyones age, now how about professions?
I'm an electrician, L.U. 292

------------------
It still beats workin'

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackstarluver

• John Mickish

• huskiesplayer15

• beaver44

during the summer i am the Tree Inspector for the city of St. Paul

------------------
a Leap year huh? sweet, an extra day of fishing!

i work with a developer doing service work in the construction end and also do customer service. i am trying to get into the electrical union ibew local 160

------------------
a bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work

Systems Management Server administrator for a large hospital in Minneapolis and surrounding areas.

I am a part time nursing assistant registered, I also work in a sporting goods dept. part time. And to kill my fall and winter I am a nursing student.
God lyk!

I am a Correctional Officer at Minnesota's "Big House" in Stillwater. Any time fishing, and away from that ****hole is a great day if you know what I mean!!

Blackstar, would he have been a "client" of mine or a fellow employee??

Unfortunately, a client. Did you ever know a "client" who was transfered to fairabault with the initials DMC? He died in 2000.
God lyk!

Construction so I don't get to do as much open water fishing as i'd like. Ice fish most every day though.

GRIZ

Blackstar,
I didn't know him, but I know who he is I think. First name Donald right? I know his middle and last name, but we will leave it off here. He hadn't been in Stillwater since 1993, was at Oak Park Heights for a spell though.

I run a Modular/Manufactured housing dealership. That is until I make the Pro Bass Tour smile.gif

And to the prison worker. Kudos. I helped put a child molester in Stillwater and I couldn't image having to see and deal with those scum everyday.

I'm retired now but for 41 years I owned and ran my own beauty salon and suntanning studio, Terrace Hair Design/Neon Beach Suntanning in Uptown Mpls. After 5 years, I still miss many of those long term clients.

------------------
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

During the summer I paint houses during the day and I work as a sports trainor a few nights during the week. In the winter I guide. I'll also be attending college again this next fall to get a second degree...then I can play once thats done smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

i'm a retired factory worker. spent 30 yrs. at deere and company .

I hide from the wife mostly!
That is my #1 profession.

The wife runs a dance studio in Owatonna where I work 3pm to 6:30pm on Mon, Tue, Wed, and Thurs. I help out by doing the books and data entry on the office computer.
Tough job...
ya, but someone's gotta do it. smile.gif

The rest of the time I spend on my tackle biz, one day a week I am doing the Fish-N Line Radio show, and I do spend time promoting for sponsors like FM, and S.M. LETS, etc...

Just about monthly, I end up doing some kind of kids thing where I am spending time at a school or church to teach fishing and to kids here in Owatonna.

I am founder of ALERT Neighborhood Watch in Owatonna. This is a on-going effort to have a city wide organized neighborhood watch for our town. I spend an average of 10 hours a week on this effort.

I also spend a lot of time doing R&D and lure testing on the water... yep, another tough job that someone has to be doing!

I have a passion for FM and am on here much of the day.

Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

Been turning wrenches on automobiles for 25 years now. Just getting back to my own shop. Feels good to be boss again.
Fishing when, "I want to go."
Anyone need advise on carcare....? Just let me know. Glad to help when and where I can.

Good topic!

Architectural Designer. Only a few years away from being a registered Architect.

Starting part time at Menard's tomorrow for some extra cash. Economy has been hard on this guy the last year. frown.gif

Housekeeper at Edgewater Hotel in Duluth (1st Job)...

Electronic Technician for a start up medical device company. I keep this job to support my fishing habit.

Sales Manager for Industrial Division of a Company, that generally manufactures product for Sportsman....

yep, that about sums it up.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z

Beaver - My wife's son is also a corrections officer at "The Big House". His name is Brian Johnson. Know him by any chance? I toured the place when Brian got on there. To say it's interesting is probably putting it mildly.

I've worked in sales for the past 23 years, the last 11 as a Sales Rep for a payroll service that caters to small businesses and the CPA community.

I work for a computer gaming software company in California,testing computer games,before their sold to the public.

In the winter, i'm a plow truck driver,and if i'm really short on cash,i drive for Airport Taxi.

CM

Great Topic
I am a telephone tech for a Major hospital in the Twin Cities. I am 32 and don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Maybe I'll grow up.

------------------
Hunt Snow Geese, Save the tundra

Full time, I repair airplane parts. And part time I'm a night manager at an oil change place. So fishing for me is my get away from all the stress and headache of it all. And the best job I have is being a dad for my teenagers. AAAHHHH

I'm an electrician for a lighting company. I drive around a boom truck and do alot of outdoor stuff, neon signs, lot poles, wall packs, etc. We also do indoor retro-fits and convert H.I.D systems to Hi-max flaurescent sysytems.
Kevin