• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where are you going for opener?

Less than two weeks away and coming quick. I know I'm getting excited. Where are you guys going to open? And what are your favorite opening weekend traditions? I'm sure I'll be busy here at the bait shop but if I get a chance I'm going to slip on down to to either Round or Gull Lake. Try to jig up a couple of keepers. Nothing better than feeling that first tap of the year. Saturday Night I'll Troll with Rapalas on Gull. That's always been one of my traditions. Plus I've always enjoyed setting out free cookies and coffee for the late Friday crowd and the early Saturday morning crowd. Are you guys getting excited? I can't wait!

Jason Erlandson

------------------
Dave's Sportland Bait and Tackle
Sportland Guide Service Hwy 371 & Cty Rd 13
Nisswa MN

218-963-2401

I am NOW pumped for opener!
Went to Lake Francis (Southern MN.) today... and would be pleased if I do as good for "opener" as I did today.
I caught about 60+ crappie, 30+ bass, a good dozen pike, and enough walleye to know they are hitting & where! They are on the drops... next to weeds in the AM early, and in 26' in the bright of the day.
And wow... what a great day out on the water!
Francis Crappies are in the Public Access EAST bay... North-West of the swimming beach (right in front of the first dock) in 8 to 15 feet of water. They are THICK !!!

Every cast with a beetle spin dressed with a Minnow or 1/4 crawler... or Bio-Bait was working too. They would hit tails... even the big profile Ring-N Grubs, though the best bite was on "swim" above the weeds delivery and with no bobber, using a 1/32 jig with a crappie minnow thru the lips. These craps are chasing minnows!
HAMMER time!
Catch-n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 05-02-2004).]

As those who know me would guess Il be on the St. Louis River.

Opener: Tonka or hopefully Mille Lacs
Weekend after: Leech with slim pickens and tinski

....to sit at the base of an oak tree and hunt turkey, somewhere in Houston county, Minnesota.

Meh, walleye opener on Minnesota. It's like trying to go out for a quite drink on new years eve.

I will be on Gull and Round (as long as the lake is high enough to get the boat under 371).

With my Parents living on Gull it is a yearly tradition for friends and family to gather and see what we can catch.

I am so hoping the weather is better this year than the last couple.

Good luck to everyone and be safe!

I'll be on the smallest pot-hole back in the middle of the woods I can find.. away from the zoo's. Fishing in *rush hour* isnt my thing .. if someone else is in *rods reach* .. I better have a partner in my boat.

I'll be on the Big V. We have opened there for years and always have great results. Beautiful scenery, not large crowds, and willing walleyes....what more could you want.

Dean Thorn

I'll be watching my youngest play soccer, but I'll be on the water by 4:30.

Mille Lacs. Shacking up in the fishing house on shore, BBQ going, chili in a pot ready to go for a quick bite to eat in between prime times. I can't wait.

I'll be heading to Kabetogama Sat & Sun; Pelican Monday; St. Louis River Tue.

a group of us are heading to Birch lake near Babbit. never fished it before, anyone know anything about it.

thanks

O

I'm going out to Medicine....naturally smile.gif Its never crowded there during opener. That and I know where the fish are. grin.gif

[This message has been edited by MedicineMan (edited 05-03-2004).]

Ely! Smitty's on Snowbank! A huge gang going, can't wait!

Best of Luck to everybody!!!!!!!!!!

HB

I'm headed to Birch also.....been doin it 20 years......great walleye lake.....can't wait!!!!!!!!....ospirc....where you staying?????

St Louis River with GEM fishing club! Walleyes beware grin.gif

------------------
simul iustus et peccator

><}}}}("< ---><!>

Walleyekiller

friend book a camp ground on the south end of the lake, not sure what the name is. Three of us are al bring camper trailers with us.

O

wishin,you name dropper... I'll be on leech and possibly horseshoe(mirage) just west of walker. GOOD LUCK!

Prom! frown.gif Fortunatley I'm fishing this weekend at Pool 4. Dam girlfriend wink.gif

Slim, you're just jealous i beat you to it!! B)

My 2 sons and I will be on Gull. First time for the 3 of us on opener. I hope the fish and weather cooperate!

Potato Lake ..... home of the elusive walleye

------------------
YIPPPPEEEEEEEE

Known as the WALLEYE opener..

Why not go to Otter Tail Lake, known for its Walleye!!!

Actually peak conditions usually hit OTL around the 24th of May, but this year they are on pace to hit a little early. May be the best fishing opener ever!!!

------------------
Paul Ness
Three Seasons Lodge on Otter Tail Lake

At the best resort in Alex."Shady creek".
2 lakes,resort is in the middle of the 2.IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS !

** GOODLUCK EVERYONE AND BE SAFE !! **

------------------
Greg

I'm betting that Winnie or Mille Lacs will be on fire to start the season. Those two lakes always open well.

Jason Erlandson

------------------
Dave's Sportland Bait and Tackle
Sportland Guide Service Hwy 371 & Cty Rd 13
Nisswa MN

218-963-2401