• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Will they bite Sat 10/6 with this cold front?

Bob O

Does a cold front in October shut down the fishing? I'm hoping to try the West & North areas from late Sat afternoon to about 9:00 pm. Will I need to go deep or will crankbaits still work? Thanks for any ideas. Also, I'll be solo - anyone want to join me?

Bob O - Muskieman??

I was wondering the same thing? Did ok last Sat nite, and was thinking about tonight too.

Muskieman, what's your opinion of the front effect, and is the harbor still full?? wink.gif Sounds like live bait way out did cranks last week too, or was I just in the wrong place? (Hawkbill area)

Thanks,

Gadget

Go to Flamingo and troll crankbaits. Number 7 shad raps are producing alot of walleyes. 3 AM to 4 AM is the best time. Good luck!

------------------
Castaways Charters
Mille Lacs Lake Guides
CastawaysCharters.com
Phone: (320) 684-2886

Thanks for the tip Muskieman, sounds great except that 3 or 4 am part! with low 20's scheduled for 3 or 4 am I think I'll be at the cabin staying warm next to Mrs. Gadget!!

Yes. They were biting Saturday night. The three of us managed to keep 6 slot fish and released several 20-26" fish. Friday night was really windy, cold and nasty, but the fishing was good then too. Lighted slip bobbers with red hooks and JUMBO leeches were producing well. 13-15' of water was just right.

Good luck!

I was out on garrison reef on Sunday. The wind was really blowing. My brother and I were able to catch quite a few smaller walleyes...even four in the slot. We were using long snells tipped with leaches.

You guys are killing me! Don't get me wrong, the cabin with Mrs. Gadget was really nice, but I think I messed up and missed one of those "opportunities"! Maybe this weekend........... frown.gif Thanks for the update though, glad you guys were smart!

Gadget

I did get to go out for a few hours on Sat evening and the bite was good. I caught 2 at 17", a 21" and a 27", and lost one other nice one. Probably could have caught more if I didn't take a 45 minute break during the peak time and didn't experiment so much, trying to improve on the pattern. It was fun, but no one to share a high-five with or take a photo after the 27".