• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

26, been reading/posting here since I was 23, I think.
P.S. I think the wide range of ages and types of fisherman here goes along way in showing the beauty of our sport...

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• analyzer

• psegriz

• cold one sd

• hanson

29 here... feels like 290 some cold days. should have listened to my dad whe he told me i would regret it later... old sports injuries. will be fishing and hunting till some one prys my rod and gun out of my cold dead hand!

------------------
a bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work

25, and still haven't a clue about life. I just keep fishing, and hope it keeps me happy and healthy for another 75 years.

Howdy All!!!

41 here and just now remembering what fishing is REALLY all about. I sort of dropped of the planet about two years ago after the loss of my "bestest" fishing buddy, Cindy.

But it's places like this and the friends we meet here that..... well it's just warms ya right up. Know what I mean?

God bless...

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

Might as well add to this post. I'm 54, divorced and don't have a job. WOW, life is great!!!

My head tells me I'm 18.

My body tells me I'm about 80.

The date on my drivers license tells me I'm 32.

My three daughters keep me young and keep me going. I can't wait to get my 6 year old twins on the water this year.

2 months away from 38, my 7 year old son want's me to go to a differant barber because he takes to much off of the top!!!!

19 and 2 weeks. It doesnt really matter what im typing now because nobody reads the 223 post in a subject.

I'll be 19 2weeks and 1 day tomorrow.

Cybe! You is an old dog! Dat lies like a rug!!! Shoooooot, yoou's olda dan me.

40 years of fishing behind me and hopefully, many more to go.

The Spook

At 46, I call my 24 year old son "old man", while he calls me "pops". I am younger than him and it feels great, while my 14 year old daughter has it all figured out...that I'm a geek! Great kids and they are what really matters anyway.
My work allows me the luxury to say hi and hang out with fishin' folks all of the time. The sad thing is I've seen sooo many old fisherman come and go, but they were hugely passionate about fishing, I spent countless hours helping them and listening to their stories. They really do hold the keys to wisdom so I try and get a piece of each and every one of them, plus they know really good jokes!

Lakeman

ps. The 2nd thing that goes is the memory....and I forgot what the 1st thing was.

47, Feel older somedays, younger others! Really don't look forward to some of those old sports related injuries flaring up as I get older.

Be 65 on May 31. Started walleye fishing at age 5. My Dad had a boat livery on Pymatuning Reservoir. I spent every summer there from the time I was 3 until I went in the Marines at age 19. Until last year, the biggest walleye I ever caught was just a shade under 30". Last year got three over 30", so for all you youngsters, hang in there,eventually it pays off smile.gif. Retired two years ago, should have done it sooner!
EconGuy

I'm 40 and feeling the same as ever which is pretty good. Just keep getting up early and going to bed early!

I still enjoy fishing, hunting and the outdoors as much or more than ever, especially now that our kids are getting into all of it.

[This message has been edited by Early Riser (edited 04-21-2004).]

24 Fishing Trips to Minnesota
1 Fishing Trip to Wisconson
1 Fishing Trip to Missouri
2 Fishing Trips to Canada (3 will be in July)
Countless Fishing trips to Iowa lakes and Grandpa's Pond.

Who counts Years.

Great topic. Just turned 52 a month ago myself. When I'm out on the water though I might as well be 12. The wife agrees, she knows better than to get between me and fishing. (22 days and a wake up. Can't wait!)

70 yrs, live in Colorado. Load/unload a 21' poontang Bass Buggy alone in 10 min. Fish Bows in the mt lakes n streams in summer, Ice fish in winter. Fish MN every summer 2-3 wks. Daughter in Duluth. Jerk Tangboat w/F-350 Diesel. Had a headache one day about 3-4 yrs ago. The man upstairs been good to me.
Lived MN pre 1970 Born 11-23-33
Good Luck fishin - n - Keep yer Line Wet

27 about to turn 28, married four years, 10 month old son, and loving life more everyday.

Outdooraddict, I just read your post. I thought you might like to know, some people DO read the 223 post of a topic.

42 and as I stare out my back window, I can't believe I have a toy for every season. I'm think'n life after fifty only has room for "improvement"! I have also read all the posts. What a great time of year to see them! Saka Zulu

------------------