• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Catch-N Ring-N Grub/Pro Strength Bio-Bait Test

The Grubs look like they will do well. I havent used them as of yet, but have had a buddy try to steal them away when he seen them grin.gif I could have tried them out on some LG Bass but didnt. Hope you can respect the fact that i dont intentionally target fish out of season.

Catchn,,, can tell me if you have or know of anyone who has tried the bio bait you sent on a live bait rig? I did try a pice out for some sunnys and did pick up more Numbers of them. I did get larger ones thou on timberwolf jigs.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• Mr Special

• can it be luck?

• beretta

Analyzer,
Bio-Bait is very new... you may find it at
4 Seasons Sports - Redwing, MN (they now have all Catch-N Tackle products)
Red Rock Wilderness Store - Ely, MN
Bluewater Bait & Sports in Bemidji, Mn. Tell your local tackle store about it... I support tackle shops!

Otherwise, you can get it here... on FM!
See www.catch-n.com to order online. All falvors are in stock and most times... ship next day!

Using Bio-Bait is easy, just soak it for 15 minutes in a tiny bit of water. Use it as you would live bait... it is live bait ground up and saturated into a soy "noodle". Fish think it is the real animal. Bio-Bait has a great ptofile and shape, can be pinched into any size, and can be frozen once wey to be used again and again. See...
http://catchn.com/bio-bait.html
for more information.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

went out tonight with the Bio-Bait to try my luck for some panfish. got to the spot and was using waxies while the Bio-Bait soaked in the water. caught sunnies one after another. switched to the Bio-Bait and they didn't seem to like it as much. i could still catch 'em but not near as many as i was with waxies. fished em on a yellow and red tear drop under a bobber. don't know if it's cuz it's the crawlers cuz i have never really had that great of luck with crawlers for panfish, but still got lots of fish to try it out on. thanx alot Catch'n for the samples, can't wait to try the grubs on the 'eyes.

Southern MN guys get signed up for the LETS league this summer. it'll be fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys & Gals doing the testing,
MN opener is near... please remember to let us know here, on your results.
I am eager to hear if the Ring-N Grubs that you were sent and if the NEW Pro Strength Crawler Bio-Bait did the trick for you!
Best of luck, have a great safe opener weekend!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

Dave - I used the Ring-n-Grubs for the Wisconsin opener. I was fishing mainly on a small river (Yellow up from big Yellow Lake) and did catch some fish on Ring-n-Grubs and a no-snag jig. I tipped it with a fathead and also fished it plain. the bite wasn't great and I caught more fish with a fathead. Caught a lot of fish that were under 15 inches and also caught a couple pike. I probably caught 20 walleyes and cleaned 7. I was cutting a full ringworm in half and catching a higher percentage of fish. Maybe color had something to do with it because I was using chartreuse/orange ringworms. The product does have nice action and I will also try them on the Mississippi. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I used the ringworm last week for walleye on Lake Nokomis/Rice River Flowage in Wisconsin last week. I didn't try the bio-bait yet, water's too cold for what I'd use it for. As Carl did, I did the same. I cut it down a little due to the size and aggressivness of the fish. I tryed several types of plastics, maribous, and hair jigs. By far the ring style grubs worked the best. I wish I had some smaller ones than the ones you sent because I used some other ring grubs which were smaller with great success!
Do they work? YES! At least on this particular outing. The fish held on to the grub without letting go. I think the soft feel of the bait was the reason. Also I'm thinking the "rings" emit sounds in the water which attract fish. The grubs were fished without bait, however I did make a concoction of smashed up minnows in a cup then dipped the grub into it for scent.
Didn't try out the bio-bait yet. I'll let you know when I do.

All in all.....I give it a thumbs up!

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

2 cool smile.gifsmile.gif
Thanks guys for your reports!
I appreciate your honesty and time in doing the tests and reporting back here on FM.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

Catch'n

You have mail. I am probably too late but sent it anyway.