• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What new toys did you get?

SuddenlySummer

Alright, what did you buy and how much did you tell your wife it cost?

I got a 65# 60' powerdrive Minnkota bow mount with universal sonar/auto pilot and I told my wife I paid $490.00 and she bought it!

Oh well!

i think this could be a time where the 3 price rule comes in effect

1. the price you paid
2. the price you tell her you paid
3. the price you pay when she finds out the real price you paid

Not when you pay cash that you've been stashing away all winter!

A lowrance LCX-18c, A St Croix Avid Rod, an Okuma Epixor reel, a Curado reel with a Jimmy Houston signature series rod, and a few other smaller items.

I don't want to add up the cost!

Aside from replacing tackle and buying a few new things. The largest expense was for a 2004 115 Yamaha 4 Stroke. smile.gif

I would say that I have already spent in the neighborhood of $12,000.00 this year and I haven't even fished yet. smile.gif

It's no wonder why a guide can't make a buck these days. I don't think that I'm going to retire however, I really like my job and my boss....is a really great guy! smile.gif

------------------

Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
aceguideservice.com
Lake Vermilion
Muskies and More.

Pro Staff Member.
Catch-n Tackle.
CKat Custom Muskie rods.
Bearpaws Handpoured Baits
Ohio Pro Lure.
Muskie Nut Tackle.
Big Chimney Muskie Baits.
Marcum.

[This message has been edited by guideman (edited 03-21-2004).]

First I bought a '89 Alumacraft Lunker with all the accessories. Then I sold it so I could buy an '85 Skeeter. Now I can say I have a bass boat. She is a little old, but runs and rides like a dream, plus I don't owe nobody for it. Also been buying lots of plastics. Spring sure is fun with all the shopping I get to do.

A brand spankin' new 2004 Crestliner. I told the wife it had a stereo and was roomier, she kicked and screamed, but once she saw it she let me sleep in the bed again!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Today's Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders

I bought a 2004 Alumacraft 175 trophy w/ a 140 hp four stroke Johnson. I put all the goodies in it and now that I sold my other boat this weekend I am biting at the bit to pick it up. It will be ready for delivery on April 14th. I just need another new combo and another anchor and I am set.

Slab

A 2004 Ranger 620 DVS RCL with a Evinrude 225HO.

If I'd had a wife, I wouldn't anymore! grin.gif

------------------
Takin it easy! & if it’s easy, I’ll take it twice!

[This message has been edited by sandman469ss (edited 03-22-2004).]

[This message has been edited by sandman469ss (edited 03-22-2004).]

carlcmc,
Have you had a chance to use your lms330c? I'm seriously considering this unit. It looks great and the price is reasonable. I see that reeds in walker has it for $599. I'm not sure what the mapping extra cost there, but it seems reasonable.

Thanks!

hmm 599 seems like a steal. make sure its coming with everything. List price that everyone else has it for is 649 and i got it for 20 under at 629 at captaingarys.com plus 99 for map pack. map pack elsewhere normally runs 129.

Just arrived this afternoon my wife said. I have to get home and install it. Probably won't be able to use it until sunday when i'll go over to redwing.

Just baught my first boat, a 1976 Sears Sea Nymph with a 1991 5hp Sears Gamefisher! My first boat was baught 2 months before my wedding!!!! And she didn't want me to buy one 2 years ago! mad.gif It also came with a locator and 2 seats! Did I tell you I only paid $350 for it? Looking forward to finding some new fishing spots soon! I caught 3 grass fish and one tree in my front lawn!

I fired the 65lb MinnKota Maxxum that came on the back of my ProV when I bought it and replaced it with the Riptide Saltwater 74lb thrust.

Way better motors than the Maxxum series IMOP...

------------------
Chells

My big purchase this offseason was the Minnkota Vector 55 lb thrust 3x steering.
A great trolling motor for the transom.

Nothing too big-dollar. 4 new rod/reel combos and a new tackle box. I also discovered Ebay, the new tackle box was necessary due to my Ebay tackle purchases. Ice fishing is where my money was spent this year. I started the season with nothing (just moved back from texas). I now have an Eskimo Quickflip III, Marcum LX-3, 4 rod/reel combos, and too much ice fishing tackle to list.

After many years of marriage, daycare costs, a VERY demanding job I finally got a nice boat. I've had a 14 rowboat that I put a floor, seat, etc in and have had for about 10 years. This year I finally got the tourney boat ie, 2004 1750 Fishhawk, 125 Merc with all the bells and whistles. I even got her to buy off on it, sign on the line which is dotted, the whole nine yards. Picking it up mid - April and will be like a little kid before xmas when opener comes. smile.gif

Last weekend I purchased a 65lb power drive with co pilot, ordered St Croix Avid spinning rod as well as a Legend Elite. Shortly thereafter the wife put the kabosh on the checkbook.

HoleHopper,

I'd be spoiled if I could find a woman to wash it! tongue.gif

Plan on sitting in my driveway tomorrow night with the flush port hooked up, the motor purring, and an ice cold Schmidt, just to get THE FEEL grin.gif

------------------
Takin it easy! & if it’s easy, I’ll take it twice!

[This message has been edited by sandman469ss (edited 03-25-2004).]

Jumped in with both feet. 2004, 1900 Pro-V. Price, well, I'm too embarrassed to tell. The wife said "YOU BETTER GET A RAISE". Still working on that. Guess I put the cart before the horse, heh?

I went all out this year... I pick up my
2004 Crestliner Sportfish 1850 in two
weeks. It is fully loaded, and ready for
bear. I am adding a OVS 560 to the deal
whenever they are here. This is my first
new boat and a dream come true.

BRING IT ON !!!!!!!

P.S. I'm not pumped up much smile.gif